cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Asteroid

eARC firmware update for 2019 q90R tv

I purchased a 75in Q90R tv. I have a 5.2.4 home theater. My Pioneer svx-lx503 AV receiver was upgraded to eARC capability for lossless Dolby Atmos sound via a firmware update from  Onkyo. I  purchased this tv partially because of a promised Samsung firmware update to enable eARC on this tv. This is Samsung's "flagship" tv. Sony is providing eARC on their top tvs. Why is Samsung delaying providing this update when Onkyo can do it for a mid level receiver? Come on guys, it is ridiculous that a tv this expensive doesn't have top sound. If this doesn't get done, I'll go back to Sony.

45 REPLIES 45
Highlighted
Asteroid

Re: eARC firmware update for 2019 q90R tv

I have the exact same problem. I have an Onkyo TX-RZ830 that got an eARC update. I bought a 2019 Q70R thinking it was going to do the same eventually. I got it because it was touting Freesync and I have an AMD RX5700. Well guess what? You can't do Freesync and have uncompressed 5.1 signal with Atmos or even 5.1 compressed Dolby Digital +. So either you can have a stereo signal in Windows with Freesync or connect directly to your receiver and get Dolby True HD with Atmos and no Freesync. I have a 5.1.4 setup and games sound amazing. I've connected HDMI directly to the Q70R to see Freesync at 120Hz and it looks amazing. You should be able to do both. Now I see the new 2020 QLED's have eARC. I don't have an extra $1,200 to get a new TV. I just replaced my 15 year old receiver, got this TV, and bought 4 extra speakers for Atmos.

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

We certainly appreciate your interest in our products! Unfortunately, we are unable to speculate about the release of future updates. Please stay tuned to the page, and we will post publicly when an update becomes available. Thanks!

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Highlighted
Asteroid

This Samsung representative is  quite clear in  this interview that the eARC firmware update is coming for the 2019 q90r tvs. This was in February 2020. Hopefully the update will not be much  longer.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NMI7nqS61nI

We interviewed Craig Cunningham, senior product strategy manager for Samsung Europe, talking about the South Korean brand's 2020 TV lineup (including 8K & 4K...
Highlighted
Asteroid

Like you I am completely fustrated especially since I bought this TV and the Q90HW soundbar. 

I can not even use the ALLM or VRR from my Xbox because if I connect my xbox directly to the tv and then hdmi out to the sound bar, I lose Atmos and the sound lag is appaling. 

Highlighted
Asteroid

I dont have issues at all. Got my Box one X hooked up to hdmi 1 directly through sound bar. Still works in game mode and no lag at all with sound and dolby atmos also

Highlighted
Asteroid

Its update with eArc or refund. 

Highlighted
Asteroid

OK so the Soundbar Q90R got the EArc update this May 2020. Can you complete it by releasing the EArc Update for QLED Q90R soon please?

Please stop stuffing your customers around.

You know it's coming. So just release it quickly.

Thank you

Astronaut

The strange thing is that apparently the Samsung HW-Q90R firmware has been updated with eARC, but the tv is now the only that does not have it. After the update I lost all Atmos on Netflix. Don't understand it does not role out in one go...

Highlighted
Cosmic Ray

LG OLED owners are very pleased with the Q90 soundbar eARC update while Q90 QLED owners are wondering why they didn't just go OLED.