cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Constellation

Re: eARC firmware update for 2019 q90R tv

I installed the 1361 firmware on my Q90R TV yesterday and one immediate thing I noticed is that the Sky Q box I have, when it was in stand-by would not turn on sometimes and I would have to reset it. 

Now I can just click power on from the TV and it will come back on. Will keep an eye on this. 

Of course the eARC update is eagerly awaited......

Highlighted
Asteroid

We all are.  It would be so helpful if Samsung could just put out a guidance statement.  If it is truly coming, say it is coming, and give an estimated timeline.  

Highlighted
Asteroid

Sorry but that is not going to happen. What is going to happen is that Vizio is coming out with OLEDs with eARC and full HDMI 2.1. 

samsung pay attention to your customers. 

Highlighted
Asteroid

Same here / think we have been duped. 

Samsung shame on you! 

Highlighted
Asteroid

I'm beginning to think that no manufacturer wants to "future proof' a TV. Bummer for a much as they cost. Maybe LG is better at this, I don't know.

Highlighted
Asteroid

Pioneer updated the firmware on my 2018 AVR to accept eARC. Samsung just updated the firmware on their 2019 sound bars to handle eARC. This is not future proofing. This was promised by Samsung and is needed now. It allows the tv to be the center of the entire home entertainment system. Looking at Samsung's advertising it seems that they promote that concept. You would think they would want to stay on top of the competition. Without eARC though, the q90r becomes just another dumb flat panel display.  And it's way too expensive for that. 

Highlighted
Constellation

Many manufacturers these days provides our TVs with eARC on the day of purchase... Samsung on the other side gives us promises, that eventually one day their top tier TVS will have it too... Unfortunately we pay more than twice the prise on the Samsung's than the competitors TVs and we still do not get what we were promised to. If the problem is with the One Connect Box and it's lack of support on eARC, should be replaced with exchange program.

The thing is that Samsung wants us buying their newest TVS every 2 years, or may be every year? But this is not the case when you buy the best and the most expensive model on something.

Me personally, I am feeling deceived buying Q90r and most probably will not make the same mistake twice. Samsung is not the brand that it was used to be. They care too much on profits, that is bad for the business, bad for the trust of their customers. 

Highlighted
Asteroid

someone mentioned on twitter few days back that we may get update in next couple weeks.... Person referenced Samsung support email (Search Samsung earc on twitter).... Dont know how legit it is..... keeping fingers crossed.... HOPE......

Highlighted
Asteroid

Well, according to NL's comunity manager, they contacted Korea and they were not able to get any update on the matter, but the CM hope they can expect it by the end of the year.....

https://eu.community.samsung.com/t5/audio-video/earc-update-voor-q90r-qled-tv/td-p/1780368/highlight...

That doesn't sound good.

Highlighted
Asteroid

Abandon hope. Not holding my breath on this one. Just avoid Samsung TVs in the future.

@ChrisXB wrote:

Well, according to NL's comunity manager, they contacted Korea and they were not able to get any update on the matter, but the CM hope they can expect it by the end of the year.....

https://eu.community.samsung.com/t5/audio-video/earc-update-voor-q90r-qled-tv/td-p/1780368/highlight...

That doesn't sound good.