cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Constellation

Re: eARC support for Q80R with future firmware update????

I wish I had been aware of this serious shortcoming when I bought a new Q80R last week. After buying four Samsung TVs over the last 12 years and being very brand loyal including other expensive Samsung home appliances I am now totally angry about spending well over $1000 on a crippled TV

Highlighted
Constellation

On 9/4 Samsung tech support gave the following info:

Samsung:  "As of now, there are no updates available to make the E-ARC available on your model TV."

Me:  "Will this be included in a future update?"

"Yes, it will be included in future updates."

I got the following response on 9/7/19:

"e-ARC is not included on Samsung TV's as of now. Our team is working on it to add e-ARC on Samsung Tv's."

Highlighted
Constellation

@bigbearvo wrote:

On 9/4 Samsung tech support gave the following info:

Samsung:  "As of now, there are no updates available to make the E-ARC available on your model TV."

Me:  "Will this be included in a future update?"

"Yes, it will be included in future updates."

I got the following response on 9/7/19:

"e-ARC is not included on Samsung TV's as of now. Our team is working on it to add e-ARC on Samsung Tv's."

I got the same info from the Samsung chat before purchasing the 82Q900. The rep in chat had great ratings and seemed really knowledgeable. He told me the Q900 would have an update to support eArc in 12-14 days. This was about a week ago. I decided to purchase the TV 5 days ago and waiting for the update. 

I wanted to confirm this info before my 14-day return policy ends.  I reached out again to Samsung. Chat keeps sending me to Tech Support (they tend to read a script) and I can't replicate talking to the same type of person (knowledgeable). The original person I talked to was more of your techy sales guy.

My question is was he pulling my chain to get me to buy the TV? He gave me additional info to think not. He told me the reason eArc wasn't available at launch was because of a year-long licensing approval. I also asked him about Dolby Vision, he stated this will likely never come to Samsung due to a licensing feud, this is why Samsung came out with HDR10+. Again this knowledge leads me to believe he wasn't just pulling my chain. According to him, I should see an update any day now. Any thoughts on this?  

Highlighted
Constellation

Hey guys, time passed soon....

Any idea for eARC update now for Q900R?

Highlighted
Constellation

It's 2019, over 4000$ spent on q80r tv and HW-Q80r soundbar and still experiencing serious audio lag. Tried everything, adjusting delays in settings nothing gets it done. I could plug in sources directly into soundbar but that makes the smart remote obsolete and I would have to change inputs with the soundbar remote, so now I need tv remote, soundbar remote and in my case fire TV remote....again it's 2019, this is ridiculous! Wonder if LG is having these issues......

Highlighted
Asteroid

Having the same issue here with my beam. Have you had any luck sorting this. I've been backward and forward with support via email. All they are doing is telling to do stuff I've all ready done 

Highlighted
Asteroid

Can you please link to where you saw this?

Highlighted
Asteroid

Join us and voice your frustration on Twitter : @Samsung_Dev @StephenWithers @samsung @SamsungUS @SamsungUK @SamsungSupport @SamsungTV Where is the promised eARC support for 2019 TV's & Soundbar's top models? We feel cheated! #earcSamsungGate

Highlighted
Constellation

I just bought 75Q80R with q90 soundbar to find out it can not deliver their own key-features! So frustrating... Thanks god I had huge discount on this stuff.

Highlighted
Astronaut

So i was literally about to buy this TV this morning (65" Q80R) as i've just purchased a Q70 soundbar and am keen on Atmos through the native Netflix app on the tv. I don't really use physical media anymore and play the occasional Xbox game... will the lack of eARC still be an issue in this instance?

What situations cause audio lag?