Original topic:

eArc passthrough audio issues

(Topic created: 05-10-2021 09:18 AM)
userBYnBCWL3M2
Constellation
Options
Qled and Frame

I recently purchased the Samsung Q950TS 8K and HW-950T Soundbar but I'm having trouble with the eArc audio settings. 

I've connected it through the right hdmi ports and I have audio coming through the soundbar and speakers but I can't select "passthrough" on the expert audio settings as it's greyed out and says "this function is not available". 

I called Samsung tech support and they were no help. Can anyone explain why this option is not available or how I can get it to select?

0 Likes
5 Replies
Adaboy
Red Giant
Options
Qled and Frame
If My understanding is correct pass through is used for an AV receiver or a gaming console.
0 Likes
usernsulUVrdMv
Asteroid
Options
Qled and Frame

Make sure you aren't trying to set this option while apps are running on your TV. For instance, if Netflix is currently open - kill it. That will enable various settings (including audio passthrough) in they menus. If you are still having the issue when no app is open, then I'm not sure but you can make sure you are using proper cables etc.

0 Likes
userBYnBCWL3M2
Constellation
Options
Qled and Frame

Hi, I've tried in Netflix app and not in the app but still not getting the option of being able to select passthrough. I've also just bought a brand new hdmi 2.1 8k cable so it can't be that

0 Likes
sta66s
Constellation
Options
Qled and Frame

Unfortunately this is a known issue around the forums but Samsung has refused to acknowledge it at all. 
I have been a long time Samsung TV customer but will probably never buy another Samsung product again after this. 

0 Likes
userDumjMDcjJf
Asteroid
Options
Qled and Frame

I am of the same mind as sta66s.  Don't buy Samsung TVs.  

Samsung has been aware of this issue for well over a year and has yet to acknowledge, much less resolve the the issue.  It is a plainly listed product sales feature that was never delivered. 

I am currently trying to re-sale my Q80T so that I can buy a LG television.  My house has been all Samsung TVs, but after getting burned by this high dollar mistake, I will not be purchasing Samsung TVs in the future.  I will also think twice about other Samsung products such as cell phones, watches, and household appliances.

Unfortunate that Samsung chose to lie to their customers and failed to acknowledge their mistake.

0 Likes