cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Constellation

firmware update

Samsung's website shows a firmware update (1371) available for 2019 models but it is not available over the air yet, has anybody downloaded and installed it yet? What changes were made?
13 REPLIES 13
Highlighted
Cosmic Ray

Re: firmware update

Nothing valuable that I've seen. Tested for eARC and it's not there. Not sure why Samsung engineers are wasting their time updating the web browser in the TV.  Seems like the Engineering lead (or whoever prioritizes requirements) should be fired.

The notes from the update say:

Improved usability 1. Improved browser performance 2. Improved app performance 3. Improved stability 4. Improved usability of input devices
Highlighted
Asteroid

I can't get it to download to my computer to put it on a flash drive.  The TV does not recognize a newer version is available.  I will give it a couple of days.

Highlighted
Constellation

My q70r also doesn't see any new update over the air, same when I plug the USB drive with the firmware unzipped (I managed to download it from Samsung's Download Center - around 1.4GB). So I'm not sure how is it compatible with 2019 QLED line - my model was included in the firmware's notes. So I'm still on v.1361.

Highlighted
Constellation

I have exactly the same problem with my q70r. Hope we will get this update soon!

Highlighted
Constellation

I managed to install v1371 from USB. I needed to make sure I'm using a package called T-MSMDEUC (probably related with geographical region?). Previously I downloaded T-MSMAKUC which my TV couldn't identify.

Highlighted
Asteroid

My TV is currently running on firmware 1360.9 and I can't update to v 1371.0

Flash drive doesn't work

Highlighted
Cosmic Ray

I see it on my Q70T with the new firmware under Sound > Expert Settings

Highlighted
Astronaut