cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Asteroid

fullscreen photos possible on frame tv?

On another TV we've connected a Chromecast, which makes photos fill the screen by default. On our Frame TV, photos show up smaller than the screen, even when at 16:9 aspect ratio, with a pale white background that clashes with the creamy white wall the TV is on. I couldn't find options/settings to make photos fill the screen. Does anyone know of any?

4 REPLIES 4
Astronaut

Re: fullscreen photos possible on frame tv?

Are you trying this with photos you upload yourself? If so, here's the fix I had to use.

I downloaded the free "Image Size" app. Open the photo you want to use on your Frame TV in that app, and change the size of the photo to 3840 x 2160. Save the photo at that aspect ratio back into your saved photos, then upload to the Frame. This allowed me to use the photos full screen, or with any of the available mat sizes. 

Asteroid

Yes, this is with photos I uploaded myself. Many are already the right aspect ratio to fit the screen. I hadn't seen an option to adjust mat size. I'll look for that and see if I can get it to stop putting a mat around every photo, even the ones that are already 16:9.

Astronaut

I tried these steps: (1) uploaded it with the SmartThings app and it unfortunately gave me a border. 

(2) Than I tried by uploading the same picture (resolution: 3840x2160) by attaching an USB HDD into the art-mode. Unfortunately it gave me a white border again..

Didn't you do anything else to get the picture fullscreen in art-mode? I use software build 1460 (it says it's the latest build).

Asteroid

I could not find any way to make the border go away, but I could change its color by going to Options, then Matte, then down to the color chooser. It remembers the color you choose for each photo.