cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Astronaut

horizontal line on my Qled 55”

JUMP TO SOLUTION

we are having an issue with our Q7 55".  all the sudden there is a line 8" from the bottom of the screen and everything below it has a blur as if the picture is showing double or everything is slightly offset.

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: horizontal line on my Qled 55”

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Is the unit pulled into a surge protector? If so, plug it directly into the wall outlet.

Make sure that the unit is up to date.

Test the HDMI Cable:

Navigate to Settings > Support > Self Diagnosis Signal Information > HDMI Cable Test > Start Test,

If the test says the cable is bad, replace the cable.

Have you tried to test with a different external device?

-The final thing to rule out is the external device you're using. Try connecting a different device, or using a different source port. If you were unable to test the cable in the previous step, then try swapping the cable, too.

-If the TV can display a picture in any other setup, then you've ruled the TV out as the cause of the issue. Keep trying various setups until you identify the device or cable that is not working, and troubleshoot or replace it.

If you are able to, Navigate to Settings > Support > Self Diagnosis > Picture Test, and then follow the on-screen directions.

If the above troubleshooting steps didn't help, here are some service options:

- If your unit was recently purchased, you can check with your retailer on their return/exchange processes.

- If you have an extended warranty you can reach out to them to have service processed. 

- If you're within the one year warranty, you can Private message one of our moderators to have service processed

- If you're OUT of warranty, you the following link to locate a service center in your area by using the link below

http://www.samsung.com/us/support/service/location

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Is the unit pulled into a surge protector? If so, plug it directly into the wall outlet.

Make sure that the unit is up to date.

Test the HDMI Cable:

Navigate to Settings > Support > Self Diagnosis Signal Information > HDMI Cable Test > Start Test,

If the test says the cable is bad, replace the cable.

Have you tried to test with a different external device?

-The final thing to rule out is the external device you're using. Try connecting a different device, or using a different source port. If you were unable to test the cable in the previous step, then try swapping the cable, too.

-If the TV can display a picture in any other setup, then you've ruled the TV out as the cause of the issue. Keep trying various setups until you identify the device or cable that is not working, and troubleshoot or replace it.

If you are able to, Navigate to Settings > Support > Self Diagnosis > Picture Test, and then follow the on-screen directions.

If the above troubleshooting steps didn't help, here are some service options:

- If your unit was recently purchased, you can check with your retailer on their return/exchange processes.

- If you have an extended warranty you can reach out to them to have service processed. 

- If you're within the one year warranty, you can Private message one of our moderators to have service processed

- If you're OUT of warranty, you the following link to locate a service center in your area by using the link below

http://www.samsung.com/us/support/service/location

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

View solution in original post

Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hello Samsung Moderator & Team,

I'm having similar issue with my TV Model Code: QN55Q7FAM

Software Version: T-KTMAKUC-1280.5

Description of issue- Initially it started as single horizontal line on top of the TV followed by multiple lines in the middle & bottom. All the sudden there is a line 8" from the bottom of the screen and everything below it has a blur as if the picture is showing double or everything is slightly offset & is very inconvenient to watch anything.

Tried some of the self daignosis tests listed in above chain.

Under Picture Test - I have all the tests (Test1, Test2 & Test3) as failed.

I tried different picture modes, tried resetting the TV, reset smarthub but the issue still persists.

Not sure if this is something related to h/w or s/w.

Searching the community forum i found this is observed on few TV models.

Can you please look into this & suggest? Truly appreciate any help.

Thanks

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Once the picture tests have failed, service would be the next step.  If you like to set that up, please send me a private message: http://bit.ly/2ihPL97

Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Mine just did the same exact thing last night.  Same exact model. Panel was replaced on June of 2019 which by then was a year and 3 months  old only when it developed the jumpy  with horizontal line then sometimes it would stop for a day or 2. Now into a year again last night a line appeared at bottom and everything is a blurr under it now. I'm now feeling like they can't live past a year n a few months.  I've requested a rep to contact me using the support section of my tv and nobody has called me. And if I open menus to select Netflix etc etc everything looks like if I'm not wearing my glasses. Here is a pic & I loved this tv figured I'd stay with it for a few years. Any help would be appreciated. 20200917_175814.jpg

20200917_175808.jpg

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Could you send me a private message with the model and serial number of the television? http://bit.ly/2ihPL97

Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Same thing just happened to me on my Samsung Qled 55" Q7F, except the horizontal line starts at the top and distorts the entire screen almost. I purchase the TV Black Friday of 2017. $2,000 TV broken out of no whereafter three years, no physical damage or anything. The picture just flickered while I was watching TV and this happened. Samsung sends out a technician, which cost $60 and they did absolutely nothing. They turned the TV and said yes it's broken, you need a new panel which will cost $1,500. Didn't evaluate or perform any additional procedures. You would think Samsung would have looked at the picture I sent them and told me this before I paid $60 for the "expert technician". Unreal, I have never felt more ripped off in my life. Samsung has said there's nothing they can do. If that stands I will never buy another Samsung product as long as I live.1B1FCBC2-DBBA-455D-8A15-0155C3EC0FD9.jpeg

32914CF1-EF15-4076-84F8-35503035D0CC.jpeg

Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hi there, I also have these exact same lines on my q7f, did you find a solution? Thanks, Tom

Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

hello,

I'm a french customer using same tv like you and i have the same problem : a line in middle of the screen and everything under the line is blurry.

Warranty is other since 3 month...

Do you have a solution for this problem ?

20210108_223023.jpg

Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have the same line on the same TV. It was expensive to buy and I may not buy another looking at the problems Samsung has had and how many people have had the same issue. No support, no repurchase