JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

horizontal line on my Qled 55”

(Topic created on: 1/16/21 9:10 AM)
userjLkmOCegh8
Astronaut
Options
Qled and Frame

we are having an issue with our Q7 55".  all the sudden there is a line 8" from the bottom of the screen and everything below it has a blur as if the picture is showing double or everything is slightly offset.

97 Replies
SamsungJam
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Qled and Frame

Were you provided with any transaction numbers that we could look into? 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

0 Likes
userfNrSQNeE0W
Constellation
Options
Qled and Frame

No transaction numbers...I have the model, software number and serial numbers for the TV but no transaction number.

0 Likes
SamsungCaleb
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Qled and Frame

Can you send me a private message with your full model and serial number? 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes
userfNrSQNeE0W
Constellation
Options
Qled and Frame

0 Likes
Markywb
Constellation
Options
Qled and Frame

My new QLED 75" Samsung TV has a black line running from right to left, about 8 inches from the top of the screen.  There are video variences betwee the top, middle and bottom of the picture.  I have tried different sources (Blue Ray and WIFI), however the issue still exists.  I plugged the TV directly into the wall, bypassing the power strip, and it's still there.  Still waiting for a response from Samsung Support.

0 Likes
TheGalaxy
Nebula
Options
Qled and Frame
defective
return it
0 Likes
userEeky8g1S1L
Constellation
Options
Qled and Frame

Good day, 

I bought my samsung TV about a year and a half ago. Afer an update was done several months ago, there was two lines that appared on the screen. These lines remain on at all times, depending the background color of the screen, the lines can be more pronounced at times.  This is the second time i try to reach Samsung in order to resolve this concern. To this point, the TV is still with the same lines. 

On the first attempt to fix this, with the help from a Samsung rep, i loaded version 1294 to the TV to attempt to fix it. No luck

Now the options of "Software Uptade" and "Self Diagnosis" are greyed out. 

This is the 4th samsung TV i have and the only that is giving me problems. I need this fixed please. 

Model Code: QN82Q6FNA

Software Version: T-KTM2AKUC-1290.4 ( Current Verison 1294 )

Serial Number: [edit]

Thanks, IMG_4240.JPGIMG_4242.JPGIMG_4237.JPG

0 Likes
useraqbLur2FzC
Astronaut
Options
Qled and Frame

I purchased this TV Black Friday of 2017. $2,000 TV, broken out of no where after three years, no physical damage or anything. The picture just flickered while I was watching TV and then the screen dimmed and a horizontal line appears across the entire screen. Samsung sends out a technician, which cost $60 and they did absolutely nothing. They turned the TV on and said yes it's broken, you need a new panel which will cost $1,500. Didn't evaluate or perform any additional procedures. You would think Samsung would have looked at the picture I sent them and told me this before I paid $60 for the "expert technician". Unreal. I truly enjoyed this TV so much, but lasting only three years is an absolute joke. I genuinely have never felt more ripped off in my life. Samsung has said there's nothing they can do. If that stands I will never buy another Samsung product as long as I live. And will discourage others to do the same because this is not right.

Anyone have a similar experience and have any tips? I've read multiple reviews having a similar issue and said it related to the One Connect box/fiber optic cable... however the "expert technicians" as well as Samsung customer service never mentioned a thing about this possibility.

Exact model number is QN55Q7FAMFXZ

2015664D-4A80-4134-ADD5-DEB414BFDB98.jpeg

1D328998-AB0A-4C1A-B468-800CF7BFC6A0.jpeg

0 Likes
userc8DUh0eK5h
Constellation
Options
Qled and Frame

I have a 2019, QN557FAM, and the top 20% of my screen has a horizontal line across and everything below it is blurry.  This first line ocurred about a month ago.  Then this week the line moved up the screen and is covering about 60% of the screen. 

Following other posts so I checked the software and its updated.  I made sure TV was not connected to surge protector.  I did the on screen self-diagnosis and all three picture tests failed.  I put in a call to Samsung support and have not heard back. 

TV cost me $3500 new and I am extremely disappointed to even have to deal with this.  I have three other Samsung TV's in my home...one as old as 10years old and never had such a problem.  I have a been a fan of Samsung quality but now beginning to have doubts.  Even though I am out of warranty I hope they stand by their product and assist with the repair...otherwise, no more Samsung for me.  I am assuming by now with all of the complaints I have read about this particular known manufacturing defect that Samsung does the right thing in this instance.

Model QN557FAM

Software Version: T-KTMAKUC= 1280.5

Serial Number <hidden>

0 Likes
SamsungCaleb
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Qled and Frame

I'm sorry to hear that, if this occurs on all sources and during the picture test, then this will require service you have a couple of options based on your warranty. 

- If your unit was recently purchased, you can check with your retailer on their return/exchange processes.
- If you have an extended warranty you can reach out to them to have service set up. 
- If you're within the one year warranty, you can Private message me or one of our moderators with your full model and serial number to have service setup
- If you're OUT of warranty, you can use this link below to find a service center in your area. 
https://www.samsung.com/us/support/service/locations/

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes