JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

horizontal line on my Qled 55”

(Topic created on: 1/21/21 10:51 PM)
userjLkmOCegh8
Astronaut
Options
Qled and Frame

we are having an issue with our Q7 55".  all the sudden there is a line 8" from the bottom of the screen and everything below it has a blur as if the picture is showing double or everything is slightly offset.

97 Replies
usergPsQehZwHR
Asteroid
Options
Qled and Frame

Exactly same thing happened to my QE55Q9FN display. Luckily mine was still in warranty (just, I was about 2 weeks away from being out) and they sent someone to replace the screen for free.

When it (seemingly inevitably, from all reports) happens again, I won't be as lucky, and I'll have to replace the TV. To be honest I'm perversly looking forward to it going again, so I can have an excuse to get rid of this pos tv.

Will never be buying Samsung again,.

userW4tHmFSs4B
Asteroid
Options
Qled and Frame

A year warranty is not enough for the price I paid for this tv. $1876.38 to last a year and 6 months. I have a $150 42 inch Philips that has lasted me years. And a Seiki in my kids room that is over 5 years old. But a almost $2000 Samsung cant last 2 years. Yet the price to fix its is oddly more then the tv itself. You would think they would stand by their customers when their junk malfunctions. I have always stood by samsung I have used Samsung phones since I could use one. Now I have my small Philips in my living room for now and this hunk of junk is just a paperweight now. Also my sister is a manager of a rental place and she said these TVs get sent back for the same reason all the time. Very disappointing Samsung.

userW4tHmFSs4B
Asteroid
Options
Qled and Frame

I love how I  wake up this morning to see Samsung choose one of their service responses as a solution for me. Well my tv is still broken and sitting to the side there has been zero solution but for me to pay you a ton of money to fix it. Don't try to make it like this has been resolved because it hasn't. I have private messages the information to them and it takes them almost a day for someone to respond and I have gotten nowhere. I'm still here with no solution and a malfunctioning peice of junk.

0 Likes
SamsungCaleb
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Qled and Frame

I'm sorry to hear that, if this occurs on all sources and during the picture test, then this will require service, you have a couple of options based on your warranty. 

- If your unit was recently purchased, you can check with your retailer on their return/exchange processes.
- If you have an extended warranty you can reach out to them to have service set up. 
- If you're within the one year warranty, you can Private message me or one of our moderators with your full model and serial number to have service setup
- If you're OUT of warranty, you can use this link below to find a service center in your area. 

https://www.samsung.com/us/support/service/locations/

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

userW4tHmFSs4B
Asteroid
Options
Qled and Frame

The tv is a year and 6 months so it's out of your warranty. If you even would read any of the posts in here you would know this. Once again this is not a solution to your malfunctioning piece of c.r.a.p. I have already talked to a repair place you have set up for me and they flat out said it would cost me more to fix it then to buy a new one. So how is that a solution?  If I have to pay more then the tv costs to fix it i will go and buy another brand that will not break in less then 2 years. Pathetic company. 

0 Likes
usersxpFpMK4zT
Astronaut
Options
Qled and Frame

Same thing for me.  I am a year and six months into my TV and Samsung set up a repair for me!   Cost more to repair the lines than nearly the 2k I dropped on this thing.   I have a samsung in almost everyroom.  WHAT A MAJOR DISAPPOINTMENT   I feel cheated and scammed

0 Likes
userKeFlkCjbO2
Constellation
Options
Qled and Frame

Purchased the model QN82Q6FNAFXZA back in May of 2019 for nearly $3000 and I got a horizontal line across the tv. It seems that this is a common problem for a lot of Samsumg tv owners in this community. Tvs this expensive should have a life longer than 1 and a half years, I own another tv from the Sharp brand that been working for the past 10 years without any issue.

I was wondering if Samsung can do anything to help me?

usernCfZcxumW8
Constellation
Options
Qled and Frame

I've had a horizontal green line appearing on my 2018 QLED Q7 series 55in for a couple of months now. Aside from a VERY costly repair by a local repair center, has anyone actually found a solution for this? And also, is there a known cause? This appears to be a common occurrence for the QLED premium line products, which is disappointing considering this was a nearly $2,000USD purchase that is experiencing problems so soon. The estimated repairs will be more costly than me purchasing a new TV set.

userqsSoIhBsBN
Astronaut
Options
Qled and Frame

Please help. The boards seem littered with issues like this. This is my first Samsung purchase and was happy and recommended it to many friends and family. Now I am wondering if this is normal for Samsung. 

Screen Shot 2020-12-16 at 7.35.18 PM.png

0 Likes
SamsungCaleb
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Qled and Frame

I'm sorry to hear that, does this occur on all sources and during the picture test? Also how long have you had this TV? 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes