cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Asteroid

jpeg photos from USB stick to non-Frame TV

Success at last! No thanks to Samsung Support or the owner's manual.  I have a Samsung Q80R65 TV and I have been trying to get a simple slide show working, using photos from my semi-pro camera.  Ambient was a dead end and worthless.  I finally found a hint in another customer post.   Reformat a USB stick into NTFS format instead of the FAT32 that comes standard.  (right click on USB with it in your computer and the format option will give you the NTFS option).  Then load a bunch of photos on the stick.  Then stick the stick into the USB port on the back of the TV.   Bring up the Home bar on the TV, scroll LEFT until you see "Sources"., move up into source options shown, scroll over to USB stick and click on it. Click on a photo, then quickly scroll to options that flash on screen for only a few moments and choose "fit screen", then hit the forward arrow > .   You now have a very sharp slide show.  Just leave the stick in the TV, and use Home button to get to your other sources.  Yay! You don't need a Frame TV and the picture quality on the Q80 series is awesome. 

6 REPLIES 6
Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: jpeg photos from USB stick to non-Frame TV

Thank you!  I learned something new!

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Highlighted
Constellation

Can you do this on a Mac? 

the app worked for two photos and now not at all.

Highlighted
Asteroid

I don't have a mac.  But if you can save jpegs and format a USB stick to FAT32, then you can do it this way.

Highlighted
Asteroid

but does it work as screen saver or you have to manually turn it on each time you want to see your pictures?

Highlighted
Asteroid

You have to manually turn it on each time.  It does take a couple extra clicks compared to turning on Ambient.   

Highlighted
Astronaut

This is typical of Samsung. They provide minimal and I do mean minimal usability to their software, refuse or ignore suggested updates.  I recently bought 65 even though my husband not to buy Samsung again after my last phone fiasco.