cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
user2pCEF5zxSn
Asteroid

wifi drops in and out, no apps function

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have had a QLED TV for about a year now.  It has been great, and connected to my computer and ran its apps (though the Direct TV now app was sketchy at best until recently).  A few weeks ago we had a storm, and a power outage.  Every other device, including older Samsung TVs, Blueray players, computers, Echos, etc... did fine.  But since this time, the QLED TV will not stay connected to the Wifi for more than an hour or so, then drops off.  It requires a reboot of the network and the television to reconnect, and then drops out again.  All other devices are fine.  The Fire TV cube connected to the televions works great.  When the Wifi is connected, onyl some apps work, any connection to devices on the Wifi, like my computer, a plex server or a Silicon Dust HD Homerun, just show the rotating icon and time out after about a half hour.

We love this televsion, but are very dissappointed with the current behavior.  IT was so nice to have only one remote, now we must use three again.

Should I reset the television and redo everything from scratch?  A several hour procedure...

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: wifi drops in and out, no apps function

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I would take pictures of your settings and then perform a factory reset. 

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Please provide the full model code and current software version of the television so that we can best assist. 

user2pCEF5zxSn
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

QLED 65"  7F, 1270

Model No. Qn65Q7FAM

Software Version T-KYMAKUC-1270.3, BT-S

Thanks for trying to help!  It has been kind of stable in its connection today, but no apps work except TV+

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Have you tried a factory reset? Have you tried changing the channel on your Wi-Fi router? Have you tried adjusting your DNS settings on the TV? 

user2pCEF5zxSn
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have tried different channels on the router, though this has always been the same, and the televsion was fine for the few few months.  No change.

I have tried changing the DNS settings, also no change.

I have not recently done a factory reset.  Getting everything back is a long procedure, and I will do that if there is no other idea.

Thanks!

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I would take pictures of your settings and then perform a factory reset. 

View solution in original post

user2pCEF5zxSn
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Had to do the reset.  A couple hours later with settings and apps reinstalled all seems well.  Photos don't work, because each app has to be loaded and its own username and password setup.  Also, read the forums to make sure the verancular is correct for any attached devices, e.g. "Amazon Fire TV" or the hub will not recognize it properly.  TVPlus is still erractic, but again, it always was.

Thanks for the help!

userST0DYP2Ric
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Same issue here: while using the TV, the internet connection is dropped and the TV cannot see any WiFi network anymore.

The best workaround I've found was to reboot the TV: with the TV turned on, using the remote control, press power button for about 8 seconds, the QLED logo will appear and the TV will see all available networks again.

Model: QN65Q80RAFXZA. Firmware: 1066.

Clearly, it is a bug. Samsung, fix it please.