Bixby Voice Permissions Notification

Constellation

Re: Bixby Voice Permissions Notification

I have the same issue as the original poster and I'm in the US. None of the methods in the links you posted resolved my issues and I was unable to report the error using the method in the third link as bixby home will not open because of this error. 

Samsung Moderator

Hey, give this a try. It can show which apps are causing battery issues, viruses, malware or app crashes.

Device maintenance > App issue report

Constellation

I had two apps causing battery drain under the report app issue,  uninstalled them,  force stopped the bixby processes and cleared data and cache checked all the permissions,  restarted and the original problem persists.

Samsung Moderator

Give this a shot.

Go to Settings > Apps > Show system Apps (click on the 3 vertical dots upper right of screen) >
 Bixby Voice >Force Stop> Storage > Clear Data and Clear Cache. 
 Restart Phone

Constellation

I tried that,  it gave me the error message about needing permissions,  gave it the permissions for calendar and SMS which is all it shows AMD then it gave me the same notification after I pressed the bixby button again

Samsung Moderator

Have you tried doing this in safe mode?

Constellation

I have tried safe mode. No change unfortunately. 

Constellation

Safe mode gave me the permissions notification but brought bixby language setup screen then bixby home one time,  after I left it I just got the notification and no Bixby 

Samsung Moderator

I recommend doing a factory reset. Please make sure all of your data is backed up prior to doing so.

Constellation

Yeah I remapped it to use Google assistant, which it still gives the notification but at least I get something. Thanks anyways.