Bixby Voice error

Constellation

Re: Bixby Voice error

Michelle, 

I have a US Note 8 on AT&T with this same error code. Can you please help?

Samsung Moderator

Does this occur with the device in safe mode?

Constellation

how do I put the phone in safe mode?

Samsung Moderator

Reboot the device. When the Samsung logo appears, press and hold the power button and the volume down button.

Constellation

So what do I do once in safe mode? Can you please provide me a list of steps to take. Thanks 

Samsung Moderator

@useroKlPakozIl Once you have the phone booted into Safe Mode, test Bixby voice for all the things you were having issues with before. Let us know if you experience the same issues while the phone is in Safe Mode or if you don't have those issues while it's in Safe Mode. 

Constellation

I'm having the same issues in safe mode, what is my next step? I'm really trying to avoid a factory reset.  My exact error message is "Reminer - to use bixby voice, tap settings, then allow the permission and try again".  I've gone to permissions and granted everything that is available, which I believe was messages and calendar.  What should I try next?

Samsung Moderator

@useroKlPakozIl If you've enabled all the permissions, and you're still unable to use Bixby, even in Safe Mode, we would recommend repair services. For phones you have a few options available. You may check with your carrier to see what options they can provide, take the device to a UBREAKIFIX location, or we can set up a service ticket for you to ship the phone to us so that one of our technicians can take a look at it. Please let us know how you would like to proceed. 

Astronaut

I have the same error. No solution yet... It happend because I installed Bixby Voice 2.0 (from apk mirror) on my S9+ but it did not work very well (I think voice wake up requires 8.1 android but I have 8.0). Tried to uninstall all updates to Bixby apps and reset their data but it did not help.

Is your issue related to Bixby Voice 2.0 installation attempt?

bxActions app still works for me though, so I can remap button actions, but Bixby Voice no longer starts on long press (it shows that notification on both single and long press of Bixby key).

Not ready to do factory reset so I'll just not use any Bixby Voice until I die or Android Pie comes to my device, whatever comes first.

Funny thing is that when I bought S9+, my charger died during first week (but phone was not affected). I had warranty for charger but service told me the procedure is to do a factory reset of the phone and give them both the phone and changer so they can check what is the cause of the issue. I was "no way I'm resetting the phone I was configuring for 4 days". They said it is a Samsung policy. I just bought new black charger and forgot about the service.

No way I'm resetting now my dual sim personal/work dark themed phone that I have been configuring for 6 months and have secure folder and vacation photos and what not on it.

Hopefully solution without factory reset will emerge.