Bixby briefing alarm clock NO weather information

Constellation

Re: Bixby briefing alarm clock NO weather information

Ok late to this thread... I was trying to set up a Bixby 'good morning' command to switch off do not disturb, show or hopefully read my calendar, give me weather etc. One part was to be news which brought my internet search here.

Cam somebody give me a simple step by step process?

There's mentions here of different apps to download - weather & news,, some to update but others just mention the clock. 

Constellation

Bixby wont even tell me the weather or news. Everytging is updated. Too many bugs with the note 8. I have to bri g it in now for service because the video camera lags. Even when there is bo sim card. Not at all pleased with these issues.
Astronaut

Could you pease tell me how to get bixby to tell me weather and news? I can't seem to find it.
Constellation

All was working first time alarm, weather in F tho I would've preferred C, news. Now Bixby only says the time. Is there a fix yet?

Hey, @Ellemo728. There should've been an update recently that addressed this. 

Can you please go to Bixby Home>Menu>Settings>About Bixby and see if there is an update available? 

Let me know. Smiley Happy

Constellation

SamsungSean wrote:

Hey, @useruJPr4KThMc. There should've been an update recently that addressed this. 

Can you please go to Bixby Home>Menu>Settings>About Bixby and see if there is an update available? 

Let me know. Smiley Happy

Hi @TheSean, updated to this version Bixby says its latest version Smiley Wink

Home: Version 2.1.02.7

Voice: Version 1.0.12.14 

Also just today Bixby tells the weather again! still in F tho  Smiley Tongue

Thanks for looking into this!

Elle

No worries. It looks like you have the correct app versions. 

I'm afraid that it's only going to read in F, no matter what your default measurement is. 

Just to clarify, where did you purchase this device? 

Constellation

SamsungSean wrote:

No worries. It looks like you have the correct app versions. 

I'm afraid that it's only going to read in F, no matter what your default measurement is. 

Just to clarify, where did you purchase this device? 

Hi @TheSean I got it in Hong Kong (3HK), also Bixby lost the weather report again so I'm back to just the time no 'have a nice day' even Smiley Sad

Gotcha. Since this forum is mainly for US-based device support, my knowledge of any software on a foreign model is very limited. 

I would strongly recommend reaching out to the support team in the region you purchased the phone. All contact info can be found HERE

I wish I could be of more help here. 

Cheers! Smiley Happy 

Constellation

Try installing the weather channel for Samsung app from the galaxy app store and uninstalling the original weather channel app this worked for me  and the apps appear to be identical except for the "for Samsung" part