Bixby briefing alarm clock NO weather information

Constellation

Re: Bixby briefing alarm clock NO weather information

Thank you but mine says version 7.0.81.11

"The latest version is aleady instelled"

Supernova

Have you already attempted to clear the cache for your clock application, @userNiBhzGiV60?

You can do this by going to Settings > Apps > Clock > Storage > Clear Data.

Please be aware that once you do this you may lose your saved alarms and may need to ensure that they are activated once you've completed this process.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Constellation

SamsungTrevor wrote:

Have you already attempted to clear the cache for your clock application, @userNiBhzGiV60?

Please be aware that once you do this you may lose your saved alarms and may need to ensure that they are activated once you've completed this process.

SamsungTrevor wrote:

I tried that first, it did nothing. I deleted the alarms, rebooted the phone, and recreated the alarms; same issue. Then I figured out that it worked once I opened the clock. If I never opened the clock, none of my three alarms worked. If I opened the clock app, all of the remaining alarms worked. I could also created multiples and they would all work; until the following day.

I let tech support go into my phone twice and the issue still remained. I was also told to delete the cache file on boot. Still the issue remained. I eventually did a reset, as instructed by tech support. You guessed it, the issue remained.

I then went and rated the app one star. I stated the reason that I only gave one star. Then another team in Samsung reached out to me and asked for log files. I sent multiple log files and that's when I told that it was a server issue. Bixby did update on my phone today but my alarms haven't gone off yet and I haven't set any to test it.

Supernova

Hey, @userNiBhzGiV60, I'm sorry you've had to go through all of those steps. Have you had a chance to test your alarm today?

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Constellation

The 5:00am alarm didn't give me the briefing but the 8:00am alarm did. This is the inconsistancy that I've been experiencing. Originally none of the alarms would brief, so there's progress.

Supernova

Hey, @userNiBhzGiV60, I just wanted to check in and see if you were able to see more reliable performance from your Bixby Briefing Alarm.

I hope you had a great holiday weekend!

Constellation

It's still doesn't perform reliably but I have several alarms set throughout the day and at least one gives the briefing; never always the same one though.

Supernova

Hmmm, alright. Would you mind providing your current version of Bixby Home and Voice, @userNiBhzGiV60?

Our lab devices that are running the most up-to-date version of Bixby are running Home 2.1.03.33 and Voice 1.0.17.4 and we are having difficulty reproducing this behavior.

Constellation

Every Bixby app and version in my phone:

Bixby Global Action (1.0.09.0)
Bixby Home (2.1.03.33)
Bixby Service (1.0.09.0)
Bixby Vision (1.4.01.8)
Bixby Voice (1.0.17.4)

The Clock app is version 7.0.81.11

Two alarms have gone off today, neither giving the briefing. There is another set for 8:00pm, that one may give the briefing.

**NOTE**
If I set an alarm now, every alarm that I set will provide the briefing until the following day. Then it's back to being hit or miss.

Constellation

If you would like logs from my phone, tell me where to send them and I will do so, after the next failed briefing.