Bixby cannot search google map

Constellation

Bixby cannot search google map

I can only open Google map but it cannot search for locations or navigate. I read that some users manage to use it. I tried updating but it's already the latest version.

How do I Link Bixby to Google map?

67 REPLIES

Re: Bixby cannot search google map

@userLXKBrA5Gyf, I'll be happy to look into this. What commands are you using exactly? I'm able to navigate mine just fine. 

Constellation

I use "search Google maps for ....."

It' reply "looks like I'm unable to do that's

I can open Google map using Bixby but it doesn' search Google map.

I've tried "navigate home"

"Directions to home"

By the way I'm not in US but Singapore.

Will it make a difference?

Constellation

My Google map doesn' even appear in Bixby la. Is there a problem?

Gotcha. It shouldn't make too much of a difference. I know for my maps, all I have to do to say, visit Buffalo, New York, is tell Bixby to "Open Maps and navigate to Buffalo, New York". It should start the navigation shortly after.

As for navigating home, @userLXKBrA5Gyf, do you have your home address saved on your Samsung account? 

Constellation

I've been trying all sorts of command but it just doesn't work with Google map. Can I check if maps is suppose to be in Bixby lab recommended apps? Mine is not there. I've tried updating Google maps and Bixby but they are all the latest version.

That's the function I've been looking forward to use since it meant to help me drive hands free. Really disappointed it can't even do what my S7 edge use to do.

That definitely odd, @userLXKBrA5Gyf. I'd recommend reaching out to your regional support on this one, since my knowledge of foreign devices is limited since this is mainly a US-based forum. You can find more info on how to reach out to them HERE

Astronaut

Hi I'm in New Zealand. My note 4 and note  was great with Samsung voice for navigation. The note 8 is also not working for me. It does not recognize navigate.

Astronaut

Note 4 and Note 5. Note 7 was good but I had to return it.

Constellation

I've got the same problem. On my new Note 8 Bixby will open Google Maps but nothing else. Whenever I tell it to navigate somewhere it says "I'm not able to do that". Being able to set navigation using voice commands only would be a big plus so can anyone help?