Bixby not responding

Constellation

Bixby not responding

Hi, I don't know if anyone else is having this issue with the note 8. Bixby voice no longer responds to voice commands, but it will if I press the Bixby button. If I try to activate it with my voice, it doesn't respond. I've done the voice training over and over, yet it doesn't prompt me to speak. 

Any idea on how to fix it?

Thanks 

55 REPLIES
Constellation

Re: Bixby not responding

I am having this same problem with my Note 8.  I have done the voice training multiple times, and I have turned the wake-up voice sensitivity to the highest setting - and "Hi Bixby" never launches the app.  Bixby only works when I press the Bixby button.

I'm also looking for a fix for this.

Astronaut

Bixby not responding

not working with any command for me. just keep getting this error

Screenshot_20170920-221327.jpgUploaded from community android app.

Astronaut

Same problem here.   I have tried many times and cleared cache.  Nothing works except when I press bixby button.  If I press this button, right after for a few seconds, voice wake up will work.  It then stops after this.  I hope samsung will respond by fixing this glitch. 

Astronaut

Bixby not responding

I am having the same problem and I do t know how to fix it has any9ne gotten a clear solution to this problem
Astronaut

same here, even OK google does not work... Its like that whole system fails.

Supernova

@user0OP1YvohEk it does seem strange that you are having difficulty with Bixby and Google Assistant, maybe we can look into the cause of this if you'd like. I'll be happy to assist you if you provide me with your model number, Baseband version, and carrier. You can find all of this information in Settings > About Phone. Thanks.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Astronaut

Yes i got the same problem recently. Bixby does not respond to wake up voice commands.  Please advise how to rectify this problem. I am holding a Note 8.

Supernova

@userm0Wd1mRuBB, could you provide us with a little more information including model number, Baseband version, and carrier. You can find all of this information in Settings > About Phone.

If you could also include your Bixby version that would be great! You can find this information in Bixby Home > more options > Settings > About Bixby. Thanks!

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Constellation

I don't know if you have done this yet, but I would check your settings.  Mine hasn't been working since yesterday, and I checked tonight, and the Voice Wake Up was turned off in the settings.  I am not sure how that happened, but some settings ended up changed.  As I said, I had no clue how that happened because it took me some digging to find the settings to turn it back on.  Since it took some digging, I KNOW I didn't change it myself.