Bixby not responding

Astronaut

Re: Bixby not responding

I have been a bit of clown and fixed the problem through settings.
Constellation

Fixed it.

I was having the exact same problem.  It seemed to start when I turned on "OK Google" assistant.  Bixby then acted like the mic was turned off.  It just didn't hear anything.  I couldn't find anything in settings.  I turned off "OK Google", but I still couldn't fix the problem.

Finally I went to Samsung support and started a Chat session.  The tech controlled phone with Smart assistant.  This is what we did:

1. Went into the Bixby App from Apps, deleted all the data.
  2. Powered off the phone, restarted in Safe Mode.  You do that by restarting, then holding down the "down volume" and "Bixby" buttons when you see the Samsung logo.
  3. Try Bixby again.  It worked in Safe Mode.
  4. Then restarted in normal mode, it was fixed.

Of course I will have to retrain it, but it is fixed.

Constellation

This made it work a little better,  but it doesn't wake up when the phone is locked and off. I tried all the other methods and this is the only one that half worked.   I want something to work!!! I've only have this phone,  s9 plus, fir a couple DAYS!

Astronaut

Same problem here with s 8 .Bixby doesn't work after this last version .I tried every thing and restart the device many times but nothing happens 

Astronaut

same issue after last update
Supernova

Would everyone seeing this difficulty please provide me with the following information so that we can look into this further?

• Model Number
  • Baseband Version
  • Carrier

You can find this information in Settings > About Phone. Thanks!

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Supernova

I really appreciate you all of reaching out to us about this. Would you mind providing us with this info? This will help us attempt to recreate this behavior.

Thanks again for reaching out, if you need anything else, please let us know and our community will be happy to help!

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Astronaut

I am even having trouble with Bixby and my whole phone in general after updating to Oreo I have cleared all of the above and I still have none of it working what is going on?? P.s I have an S8 and only 4 months old

Cosmic Ray

Model - SM-G965U

Baseband version - G965USQU1ARBG

Carrier - T-mobile

FYI......

I went in to my local UbreakIfix store (Samsung authorize repair), And they also confirm that bixby is broken. They even did a total factory reset and releaded the binary keys on the device, issue still is present.

Please acknowledge the issue and advise when to expect a fix.

At this point bixby should not be having this issue, Bixby issue since its introduction with S8.

Please advise your testers to fully test updates befor rolling them out, Last update to oreo seems to have broken Bixby wakeup.

Supernova

Hey, I hope you are doing well, @Pooch. It looks like your device is out-of-date, there is an update available for your device that may be able to fix this behavior. You can read more about this on your carrier's website.

If this was able to help, please let us know!