Couldn't Update Bixby

SOLVED
Asteroid

Couldn't Update Bixby

I get the notification to update to the new version but continually get "Couldn't update Bixby."  The options of Close or Try Again.  Close completely closes Bixby and Try Again just brings me back to the couldn't update message.  Bixby is completely unusable at this point.  System is current as well as all apps.  Any suggestions?

S8 on Verizon. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Asteroid
Solution
Accepted by topic author userImthLOO03n
‎06-22-2017 08:11 AM

Re: Couldn't Update Bixby

Reinstalled the Home APK and that seemed to do it.  Not sure why it didn't work the first time but all seems to be working now.

14 REPLIES

Hey, there! First things first, did you get a notification with an invitation for the Early Access Program? Also, have you tried clearing out your app cache to see if this works? 

Asteroid

hello, yes to both.  cleared cache, force stopped, everything i could think of.  even tried installing the apk from the web, Bixby Home 1.9.38.27, Vision 1.2.02-4, and Voice 1.0.02.16. 

Asteroid
Solution
Accepted by topic author userImthLOO03n
‎06-22-2017 08:11 AM

Reinstalled the Home APK and that seemed to do it.  Not sure why it didn't work the first time but all seems to be working now.

Got it. I would recommend monitoring your device for now since you downloaded it via APK. Sometimes these unofficial APKs can open your device up to complications. Let me know how it goes.

Astronaut

How can i reinstall Home. Apk?

Astronaut

I uninstalled Bixby Vision and pushed the Bixby Hutton again, then let it update like normal. Worked for me.

Astronaut

Button*
Constellation

What is the home apk

Constellation

I plan to do this but I cant fine the option to uninstall bixby vision either. It only has an "Open" option but is also grayed out. Weird. Mine is still not fixed. Grrrr this Bixby!