GS9 Bixby Went South

SOLVED
Highlighted
Comet

GS9 Bixby Went South

Hey, 

Whenever I jump to a new model with a new android OS version I look for and change all the usual settings. Then I install the aftermarket apps, set them up and watch for issues. Once I get everything sorted out I factory data reset for a clean fresh start.

I saved Bixby for last because I knew it would take a little extra time. I cleared all the previously saved data so Bixby would have a clean slate. Nothing from the past.

I long pressed on a default launcher icon and couldn't read the info so I long pressed the Bixby key for a screenshot. Never saw Bixby again after that. I saw the crash. Only a few items remained in the Bixby settings menu. I tried all the usual stuff, uninstalled, reinstalled, clear cache and data. Nothing cleared the issue.

As I mentioned above I always do a factory data reset anyway and after everything was set I started Bixby. The setup process was flawless. After the enhanced voice recognition and the voice wake up improvements were completed I couldn't believe how much more responsive this app has become. I set up some new quick commands. The new operating system has moved some of the settings around so some of the previous commands no longer work. Automatically lock is password protected now I'm not sure about power key lock. All the new voice and quick commands are working great without any big issues. Android 8 has removed the clear cache data for all apps in storage settings. Recovery mode seems to be the only option now. So if Bixby suddenly disappears and you can't get it back factory reset may be drastic but it's the only way I could get it back. 

CLF 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Comet
Solution
Accepted by topic author CLF
4 weeks ago

Re: GS9 Bixby Went South

Ok 

1 REPLY
Comet
Solution