bixby voice not working on s9+

SOLVED
Highlighted
Constellation

bixby voice not working on s9+

I have recently purchased a brand new s9+ and i cant open bixby voice. There are no bixby related apps found in galaxy apps. But all of them are available in settings>apps.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Constellation
Solution
Accepted by SamsungTrevor (Supernova)
‎04-12-2018 01:28 PM

Re: bixby voice not working on s9+

Have you tried adjusting the sensitivity settings? Bixby button > MenuSettings > Voice wake-up 

This and rebooting works for me. 

62 REPLIES
Constellation

Also have an S9+ and Bixby was working for me but has since stopped operating properly - no Bixby voice settings / "gear" icon gone.

Constellation

Exactly the same thing happened to my phone yesterday. Any dm response yet on how to fix it? 

Constellation

Phoned Samsung. International Bixby Servers are down. Will be restored ASAP.

Supernova

[ Edited ]

Hey, everyone, I just wanted to check in and see if anyone was still having any difficulties connecting to the Bixby services.

If you are having any difficulty, please let me know with you Baseband Version, Model Number, and Carrier! You can find most of that information in Settings > About Phone.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Astronaut

Its not working on me.. i tried clearing cache deleting files.. bixby is only working when i press the button on the left side but i dont want to press it all the time.. everytime i say "hey bixby" an icon will appear on top of my phone but when i say "open messages" it just doesnt do anything..

Having the same Issue on my S8

I think it happend right after the Oreo Update i received

Model is SM-G950F

i get a small icon when i say "hi bixby" 

but does not react,only when i hold the bixby button...

Here is a image showing what the icon says/means but it quickly dissappears...

https://i.imgur.com/6w5LPP3.jpg

Supernova

Thanks so much for reaching out to us about this, @Rosa Van Winkle. As we provide support mainly for US devices, we suggest that you reach out to your regional support. They will be able to provide you with the highest level of support for your device.

If you would like help with anything else, please let us know and our community will be happy to help!

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Constellation

Was wondering of you found solution? Ever since purchase of S9+ the "Hi Bixby" command just pops up twice in notification panel and never works. Only way to use Bixby is with the long press of the Bixby key. S8+ never had this issue, even after Oreo update.

Supernova

Hey, I hope you are doing well, @useriwsF61eo7o. Would you mind providing us with some information about your device so that we can attempt to replicate this behavior?

* Model Number

* Baseband Version

* Carrier

You can find this information in Settings > About Phone. Thanks!