JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Bixby Voice Not Working

(Topic created: 09-10-2018 05:53 PM)
usernXeOrnHbDb
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Samsung I am getting very frustrated with your new S8 Plus and Bixby. When the Bixyby Voice first rolled out it was working great then the Bixby Voice activation stopped working after an update ( Bixby would not wake up using my voice would only work when manually pressing the designated Bixby button).  I tried clearing cache, deleting data on Bixby Voice, and Bixby Home. After doing this Bixby voice would would say when trying to train my voice Bixby Can Not Hear You no matter what I tried with the distance of the phone or how loud I spoke.

I also deleted the Cache Partition but it didn't work.  After numerous days Samsung Support contacted me via Facebook messaging and suggested that I uninstall updates to Bixby Voice and Bixby Home.  I was able to retrain my voice and I was Happy.  The next day the Bixby Voice Activation stopped working again.  

Samsung, when will this be fixed.  This is the first time I have thought about getting rid of Samsung and I have been with you since the S3 and and all Televisions are Samsung.

Please provide me with an answer to a workaround or when will the update fixing this problem be out?  You have known for weeks that others have the same problem!

I have attached a screen shot when you try to train my voice when starting Bixby.

Thank you

Doug

Processes already tried but Have Not Resolved Issue:

The Bixby Voice App was the current app when it stopped working 3 weeks ago

I uninstalled updates on Bixby voice when suggested by Samsung FB support (it worked then stopped again the next day.)

Cleared Cache Bixby Home and Voice

Deleted Data Bixby Home and Voice

Deleted Cache Partition

231 Replies
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Hey, I'm sorry to hear that you are having difficulty with your device's Bixby functionalities.

Would you mind providing us with some information abut your device? I'd like to attempt to duplicate this behavior.

* Model Number
* Baseband Version

* Carrier

You can find this information in Settings > About Phone. Thanks!

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

0 Likes
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Hey, I hope you are doing well. I just wanted to reach out and see if you could provide us with some information about your device so that we can look into isolating this difficulty.

If you need help with anything else, please let us know and our community will be happy to help!

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

0 Likes
NickRo
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones

this is what i am getting nothing in bixby settings and nothing in bixby home.
bixby voice is just gone 
https://imgur.com/a/gY7C6mG

https://imgur.com/a/H74CzLr

please help 

0 Likes
userxTdvYiGlD8
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

I'm having the same  problem where the icon Will appear and then disappear whenever I say hi bixby 

0 Likes
SamsungCamp
Comet
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Hello @userxTdvYiGlD8

What troubleshooting steps have you done so far to try and resolve this concern? Have you cleared the cache of the Bixby Voice and the Bixby Voice applications?

0 Likes
ICHIGOX87
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Mine only works on wifi

0 Likes
SamsungKim1
Supernova
Options
Galaxy S Phones

@ICHIGOX87

Can I have your full model code, baseband version, and carrier information?

0 Likes
ICHIGOX87
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Base

G965U1UES2ARF4

BUILD

R16NW.G965U1UES2ARF4

CARRIER

METRO PCS

0 Likes
ICHIGOX87
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Model SMG965U1ZBAX

0 Likes
SamsungKim1
Supernova
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Just to double check was this phone purchased in the U.S.?

0 Likes