cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Original topic:

5G speeds on Note20 Ultra 5G with Xfinity Mobile.

(Topic created on: 12/8/20 10:23 AM)
uservX0dbimiyw
Constellation
Options
Questions

Have been to the Xfinity Mobile store 4 times about slow 5G speeds. In any of 5 different 5G areas here in the Chicago area, tests give me anywhere from 30 to 60 Mbps download speeds. According to Samsung, the speeds should be anywhere to almost a Gig. Xfinity Mobile is using Verizon. The personnel at Xfinity store have no idea what they are talking about and when I contacted Samsung via chat, they told me to take the phone to one of their partners called "ubreakIfix" in Oaklawn. He said that in order to do diagnostics, I would have to leave my phone for anywhere from 24 to 48 hours. Well, as most of you know, we cannot live without our phones for that lenght of time. So he told me to download "SmartSwitch" on my computer and I could run my own diagnostices. SmartSwitch is for transferring from an old phone to a new phone, not for diagnostics.

Anyone have any ideas or are these slow 5G speeds something I will have to deal with?

Thanks for any and all help, suggestions, information you canprovide. Have a great day and please stay safe.

0 Likes
6 Replies
zachjf2021
Galaxy
Options
Questions
that wouldn't be on Samsung dude. Samsung is just advertising that they're 5G phones are Gigabit capable. that's all on the Carrier. I had 100mb while on sprint when I first had my S20+ but then the speeds dropped to the 4G average. everyone is hopping on 5G so expect it to not be much better if at all for another year or so
uservX0dbimiyw
Constellation
Options
Questions

It could be on Samsung is if it is a defective antenna, but I didn't want to leave my phone for maybe 2 days for them to check. I think Samsung needs to find someone more knowlegeable for their partners. I guess that's what I get for jumping on something before it's actually working the way it's supposed to.
Anyway, thanks for posting.

0 Likes
zachjf2021
Galaxy
Options
Questions
if you had a defective antenna, wouldn't work at all lol. I had the exact same thing happen to me, but my antenna isn't defective. you're just over thinking it
0 Likes
uservX0dbimiyw
Constellation
Options
Questions

Just so you know, there are 4 antennae in an array.
Antenna.png

0 Likes
Enterx
Astronaut
Options
Questions
Change providers. Depending where you are located in the city will determine who is best for service. I frequent the Northside and some of the surrounding suburbs and I can hit anywhere from 80mb-350mb on T-Mobile. Also Xfinity is an MVNO, meaning that in terms of speed it's not the same as a Verizon postpaid customer.
0 Likes
uservX0dbimiyw
Constellation
Options
Questions

Thanks, I was considering that after the fiasco with the Xfinity people at the store. The AT&T store is right next door to Xfinity and I was tempted to go in to check to see what plans they have. It's just that for two lines, paying $57.00/month is hard to give up because I know AT&T probably won't be able to match that pricing.

Thanks again and have a great day and stay safe.

0 Likes