Did you mean: 

Original topic:

Battery drain

(Topic created: 09-14-2023 05:50 AM)
youu
Comet
Options
Questions
I know I shouldn't judge beta 3 just yet as I just installed it, but is anyone's battery drain faster than beta 1 or 2?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
USBetaModerator2
Beta Moderator
Options
Questions

Hello,
Thank you for your feedback.

Please use the latest Samsung Members app to submit an error report (Samusng Members One UI Beta Program Beta Feedback Error Report.

Note: To ensure relevant log information is included in the error report, submit the report within 3 minutes of encountering the bug or error, and do not terminate (swipe away) the Samsung Members application until you are notified that the report has been sent. This can take up to 5 minutes.

- To provide UX or UI-related feedback, such as usability or feature suggestions, select "Beta community Suggestions" in the Beta recruitment notice of Samsung Members app.

We appreciate your contribution to the Beta Program.

Regards,
One UI Beta Team

View solution in context

0 Likes
12 Replies
userlQcCM1wRc8
Red Giant
Options
Questions
The process of a new install, takes a good amount of juice.
Needs to settle in.
MarvinMod2
Comet
Options
Questions
The battery drain is due to the usage of ram/memory leak that has not been fixed since 6.0 beta 1.
0 Likes
userlQcCM1wRc8
Red Giant
Options
Questions
Has the "memory leak" been reported? Have not heard of this, and my battery, memory, etc. all seem normal since beta 1 to 3.
0 Likes
MarvinMod2
Comet
Options
Questions
Yes its been reported. Check in device care, look at ram usage. Its below 2.5gb free 90% of the time. Clearing ram only releases 300 to 600mb. When you have 8gb plus 8gb of extended ram, this number should be around 4 or 5gb free. Whats eating it, the system UI... When ram is low, youll notice performance issues such as lagging, crashing, over heating and significant battery drain.Screenshot_20230914_090633_Device care.jpg
0 Likes
userlQcCM1wRc8
Red Giant
Options
Questions
I have 8GB Ram Plus enabled and have around 4GB free memory. Several apps open in the background.
Seems to be running normal. Screenshot_20230914_093949_Device care.jpg
0 Likes
MarvinMod2
Comet
Options
Questions
You have 12gb of device memory with 8gb extended, thats 20gb for ram usage and you have 4gb free. That's not good at all. In fact, thats worse then mine. I have an 8gb device memory with 8gb extended, that 16gb with 2.8 free. Also not good. Another issue is the release to free ram is very low.
userlQcCM1wRc8
Red Giant
Options
Questions
I see your point now, but I have a ton of apps, usually lots open in the background and lots of widgets.
Sounds like it could still be a lot better. Especially with the release of RAM.
I don't think it will get addressed. What I shared is the norm for me like forever.

Also, RAM Plus is only counted or used if regular RAM is running very low.
I don't know if it can really be added in per your example.
0 Likes
MarvinMod2
Comet
Options
Questions
Yes I understand that the RAM Plus is used when regular RAM is running low kind of like the page file on a Windows computer but even at 12gb with 4gb free is bad but again you have apps in background and things running. I'd like to see what it says when you have everything shut down and idle of what your RAM is. I don't have anything running in the background I'm consistently making sure everything is closed and shut down and yet I'm still only able to have between 3.1 and 1.9 gigs of RAM available, most of the time it's around 2.5gigs. on one UI 5 I'd have anywhere between 4.5 and 6.2 gigs of RAM free and that's even with two or three apps in the background. When I was playing a part in developing custom ROMs my main role was to focus on RAM usage because it plays a huge role in device functionality and battery usage. Another one of my rolls was to watch the CPU/gpu loads. However I'm a bit limited on what I can get into and see beings that Samson has made it unavailable to unlock the bootloader on US devices. So maybe I've been on them pretty hard about the RAM and CPU issues but this is also my first time joining the beta program but then again they also know who I am so I don't know fingers crossed 😂
userlQcCM1wRc8
Red Giant
Options
Questions
I had about 25 apps open in the background to access with the previous apps and then four more that are background running all the time. 3.6 GB remaining in memory. Closed the 25 apps besides Members but not the background apps screenshot 2. Then cleared memory and it goes to half, 6GB memory.

I don't have any lag at all, but, to your point, I am sure the battery would be better with better memory management. I get over a day with heavy usage and a day and a half with light use. Not bad.

I also use a third party launcher, Microsoft and have quite a number of widgets updating in the background.
Ultra 23 is a beast! Screenshot_20230914_195709_Device care.jpgScreenshot_20230914_195904_One UI Home.jpgScreenshot_20230914_200000_Device care.jpg