Did you mean: 

Original topic:

Beta 3 very slow boot?

(Topic created: 09-22-2023 04:33 AM)
Members_x2h4GM2
Cosmic Ray
Options
Questions

Running OneUI 6 beta 3 on my S23.  Where the phone took maybe 10-15 seconds to boot on OneUI 5, on the OneUI 6 beta it takes several minutes.  I get the normal boot screen, then it dims in response to my brightness setting, then it sits there saying Samsung Galaxy for a VERY long time.... several minutes at least.  It does finally finish booting and runs normally.  Just wondering if this is normal behavior?  Anyone else?  

FWIW, I tried booting in safe mode and the boot took the regular 10-15 seconds.  

TIA, Paul

0 Likes
6 Replies
Vibhu
Galaxy
Options
Questions
I did not notice this several minute thing, i will come back and update exact time using timer for you to compare.
0 Likes
RwvPam
Asteroid
Options
Questions
Using the S23 as well and it's not taking a very long time. Couple of seconds and it's done, typically under 10 seconds in my case.
0 Likes
BayouBoy3
Galaxy
Options
Questions
My phone has gotten sluggish opening apps, real bad.
0 Likes
Members_x2h4GM2
Cosmic Ray
Options
Questions

After updating to beta 4, the first time I manually rebooted, it still took several minutes but the behavior during boot changed.  The lock screen displayed several times during boot as if boot was completed but the screen could not be swiped to unlock the phone.  Then there was a long period of at least a minute where the screen was totally black.  After THAT, "Samsung Galaxy" appeared and a couple seconds later the lock screen appeared again and the phone could be unlocked normally. 

However, the NEXT time I manually rebooted, the lock screen appeared after maybe a total of 10 seconds and the phone could be unlocked normally.  

0 Likes
USBetaModerator2
Beta Moderator
Options
Questions

Hello,
Thank you for your feedback.

Please use the latest Samsung Members app to submit an error report (Samusng Members One UI Beta Program Beta Feedback Error Report.

Note: To ensure relevant log information is included in the error report, submit the report within 3 minutes of encountering the bug or error, and do not terminate (swipe away) the Samsung Members application until you are notified that the report has been sent. This can take up to 5 minutes.

- To provide UX or UI-related feedback, such as usability or feature suggestions, select "Beta community Suggestions" in the Beta recruitment notice of Samsung Members app.

We appreciate your contribution to the Beta Program.

Regards,
One UI Beta Team

0 Likes
Members_x2h4GM2
Cosmic Ray
Options
Questions

FWIW, yes I did use the feedback link in the Members app to send feedback on this issue.  Twice 😉  Once for beta 3 and again for beta 4.

Paul

0 Likes