Did you mean:Ā 

Original topic:

Beta Software Removal

(Topic created: 01-20-2022 10:49 AM)
CurtisBrooks
Astronaut
Options
Questions
I want to remove the beta software from my phone because it caused some issues with a couple of apps I use regularly. Unfortunately, apparently I didn't have a backup done previously to installing the beta software. Does anyone know how I can remove the beta software without having a backup? I tried factory resetting the phone and that did not work.
5 Replies
Chef31684
Red Giant
Options
Questions
First which apps are having issues?
Have you tried clearing the cache of those apps?
Have you tried reinstalling those apps?
Have you tried wiping the cache partition of your device using recovery mode?

To be honest ig you do all these things I t may solve your issues
0 Likes
Boston617
Asteroid
Options
Questions
You can remove beta by withdrawing in the settingsScreenshot_20220120-134917_Samsung Members_11497_1642704557.png
0 Likes
USBetaModerator
Beta Moderator
Options
Questions

Hello @CurtisBrooks ,

1. To withdraw from the Beta program, you must apply for withdrawal through Samsung Members application on your device.

("Settings > One UI Beta Program status > Withdraw" menu)

2. To remove the beta software, perform a rollback to the previous release version, using the Smart Switch PC Version on your computer. The rollback resets the device and removes data generated during beta testing.

Note: If you backed up your device data to your computer with Smart Switch, you can restore the data after the rollback process. To perform the rollback, connect the device to your computer with a USB cable. On the computer, launch the Smart Switch application, and select "Downgrade".

If you need assistance having your software rolled back to the latest approved version you can call us at 1-800-726-7864 and request the location to the nearest Service Center.

Regards
One UI Beta Team

0 Likes
dte230
Comet
Options
Questions
You can't roll back beta Android 12. Everyone at Samsung keeps telling you to use Smart switch but they don't understand that not everybody backs up their phone to their PC so they've left everybody in the lurch. Your phone is hosed as is mine and a lot of other people's. Samsung will not provide a link to be able to download a clean version. Google Play is no longer certified and applications will not run and you cannot download certain applications from Google Play. Netflix won't work, calls get disconnected after 30 to 6 0 seconds. It's a complete goat Rodeo the last time I'll ever buy a Samsung product
0 Likes
Anand Master
Asteroid
Options
Questions
We cannot roll back becuase beta broke my usb charging.. so technically, i am stuck at beta and wireless charging only. Can you please help.
0 Likes