cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Original topic:

Can I do a factory reset without losing the beta software?

(Topic created: 10-09-2023 08:46 AM)
userXyfCnnzVql
Constellation
Options
Questions
I want to give a fair try to the beta software and will like to try it like if the phone was new.
Is it possible or will go back to 5.0 after the factory reset 
7 Replies
Kiraji
Halo
Options
Questions
I factory reset my phone during early beta so once you enroll and install the beta on your device the only way to go back to one UI 5 is a roll back, meaning that a factory reset won't remove the beta software
userXyfCnnzVql
Constellation
Options
Questions
Thank you for the quick response
Kiraji
Halo
Options
Questions
I hope it helped
JuniorKing
Asteroid
Options
Questions
I factory reset my phone after every beta update.
VisualPro
Asteroid
Options
Questions
The way I did was to withdraw mysekf from the beta program in Samsung members... use smartswitch on the computer and downgrade from there.. all data was wiped out.. But I was able to restore from backup
0 Likes
USBetaModerator2
Beta Moderator
Options
Questions

Hello,

You need to withdraw from the beta from Samsung Members -> Settings -> One UI Beta Program Status -> Withdraw. Then plug the phone into your PC, open up the PC version of smart Switch. Be sure to back up your phone since downgrading requires a factory reset. We recommend you try backing up your device and performing a master before moving back to Android 14.

Regards
One UI Beta Team

0 Likes
For-You
Red Giant
Options
Questions
Well. Is not totally true samsung moderator.
I did this but never worked.
You can still have the beta on samsung members. You don't have to unenrol or withdraw.

If you go to smart switch on pc backup and downgrade , this is what you need to go back on one ui 5.1 .
Or use ODIN if you're expert . Sorry samsung but this is how is working.

Of course you will log in in samsung members you will see the banner one ui 6 beta enrolled, and maybe you will be able to install again if you want . Or just wait for the latest one ui 6 .
Even if you didt withdraw from beta .
The real reason you want to withdraw if you don't want anymore the beta, but if yiu want the beta in the future, I mean after a week
Don't withdraw, just go to smart switch and downgrade. Easy. .
Now after a week you will still able to install beta
0 Likes