JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Chat features not connecting in Google messages

(Topic created: 08-16-2022 07:10 PM)
miranduuuuuh_
Cosmic Ray
Options
Questions
Anybody else not able to connect to chat features in Google messages? I can't connect on wifi and mobile network, t-mobile. 

0 Likes

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Letta0307
Comet
Options
Questions
Settings>sim card manager>toggle off for a few seconds>force stop Google messages >turn sim card manager back on>chat features connect

Please note you'll have to do this everytime you restart your phone
Hope this helps

View solution in context

12 Replies
Focr06
Comet
Options
Questions
Yup... Same.. I turned off chat features/RCS. Every time I send a message.. It's stuck in sending.. And my friends were telling me that they couldn't message me either.. I also can't stand that the Google messages app is different for the S22 Ultra from the original Google messages app. Ugh, some features are missing that I really need/use! Like reminders in messages.. This is actually costing me money at work!
0 Likes
miranduuuuuh_
Cosmic Ray
Options
Questions
I had no idea there was a difference, I just barely started using it because it came pre-installed so I figured I'd check it out. I'll have to research what I'm missing. I like the concept but I'm not completely sold yet.
0 Likes
Yamialex224
Honored Contributor
Options
Questions
Are you on t mobile that could be the reason
0 Likes
Jeffrey777
Galaxy
Options
Questions
I'm on t mobile I haven't had any trouble with RCS
0 Likes
Yamialex224
Honored Contributor
Options
Questions
You got lucky cause most of the people I have seen on here say this issue happens with them on t mobile
0 Likes
Big_Daddy54
Cosmic Ray
Options
Questions
Just noticed the same thing. Funny, cause I looked at it saturday, and it said "Connected". Today, it's saying "Trying to verify".
I'm on Verizon.
0 Likes
miranduuuuuh_
Cosmic Ray
Options
Questions
Figured it out! Had to turn my SIM off. I cleared the "carrier services" app data too just to be safe, but after I did that and turned the SIM back on it connected right away.
0 Likes
Big_Daddy54
Cosmic Ray
Options
Questions
I got it too, but used a different approach. I turned off wifi, cleared the cache in the app, force closed it, and restarted my phone. I then used the Galaxy App Booster. It worked.
miranduuuuuh_
Cosmic Ray
Options
Questions
Golden 😊Screenshot_20220816_195444_Messages.jpg
0 Likes