Did you mean: 

Original topic:

Chat features

(Topic created: 08-11-2022 04:57 AM)
userweq5xTHnt1
Constellation
Options
Questions
In the settings menu in the text messaging app, is the status supposed to always say connecting?

0 Likes
10 Replies
CJ78
Cosmic Ray
Options
Questions
Mine was working fine after the update then stopped working this morning out of nowhere on T-Mobile. After trying the usual troubleshooting things I went in and turned my SIM off under connections and then back on and it immediately connected and I'm able to use RCS again.
JawshDarnit
Galaxy
Options
Questions
There's a great guide to fixing the RCS chat issues on T-Mobile. First place phone in airplane mode. Go into settings and clear cache and data for "carrier services" as it is a system app. If it's not installed, install it and clear cache and data after airplane mode. Then clear cache and data for Google messages app. Clear phone cache and reboot. Turn off airplane mode and then give it a few minutes and try enabling chat features and it will work. Sometimes it won't if you've tried connecting and reconnecting too many times.
Zrocool63
Cosmic Ray
Options
Questions
Man , I don't miss the days of having to do all that regularly because I wanted to try different messaging apps back in the early RCS days! Frfr!
TheNewsHQ
Comet
Options
Questions
Very simple fix, go to SIM card settings turn it off for a few seconds, kill the messages app, turn back on the SIM card within a few seconds it will say connected
Cass94
Nebula
Options
Questions
All I did was sim off and on and that was all it took but yes this should definitely work
0 Likes
Zrocool63
Cosmic Ray
Options
Questions
Verified with my S22 ultra that this IMMEDIATELY fixed this issue with mine.*SIDE-NOTE*-Not sure if this helped or hurt me in any way, but for an extra added measure, I did wipe the cache for Carrier Services as well before I tuned sim back on because back on the day it was a part of the dance you had to do to restore chat as well. Good luck!
0 Likes
ColinM
Astronaut
Options
Questions
Force stop the app, clear the cache and try to resetup chat features.
0 Likes
maddoggin
Halo
Options
Questions
Is that Google messaging app?
0 Likes
Yamialex224
Honored Contributor
Options
Questions
No its supposed to say connected with your phone number