Did you mean:Ā 

Original topic:

Default browser keeps switching back to Samsung Browser

(Topic created: 11-21-2021 10:56 PM)
Lord_President
Constellation
Options
Questions
I keep changing it to Chrome but it somehow always defaults back to Samsung Browser. Anyone else struggling with this? Is there a fix?
6 Replies
USBetaModerator
Beta Moderator
Options
Questions

Hello @Lord_President ,

Thank you for your feedback. If you havenā€™t already, Please update Samsung members app to latest version from galaxy store and send us an error report immediately after experiencing the issue from the Samsung memberā€™s app -> Beta Feedback -> Error Reports to help us debug the issue. We apologize for the inconvenience and appreciate your contribution to the beta program.

Regards,
One UI Beta Team

0 Likes
userVrjflrpM7K
Constellation
Options
Questions

I am facing this same issue. It seems Samsung is forcing their browser on the users.

userWBhNPPuDc5
Constellation
Options
Questions

Same on my S10 I have tried everything to stop it from doing that but every time I set down my phone it changes samsung internet back to default 

0 Likes
topshelfdistro
Astronaut
Options
Questions

I am also facing that same issue. 

0 Likes
rm10811-ssdevice
Constellation
Options
Questions

My Default browser started switching back to Samsung Browser on my S21 2-3 upgrades past. Not sure which One UI update but within the last month for sure. It just happened again with this mornings update to version 6.0

I use duckduckgo with home screen widget. The widget is removed and DuckDuckGo is no longer an option in default browser until open it once. Then I can set it back as default. I have me home screen locked, I selected Discontinue Use of Samsung Internet (SI) multiple times. This last time I Uninstalled Updates to SO hoping to improve the chance it sticks but expect it won't, may even make it worse. Still, it is something I haven't tried. 

I installed Samsung members app  and will post logs when it happens again.

0 Likes
rm10811-ssdevice
Constellation
Options
Questions

There was no update but my default browser changed again this morning and the One UI Home shows versions 15.0.09.1. My home screen is locked I removed change system settings from One UI, but my home screen and default browser still changed . Any helpe is appreciated. 

I did install the Samsung Member app before this happened as was suggested above. Are there logs I can retrieve that may help identify what happened?

0 Likes