Did you mean: 

Original topic:

Default browser keeps switching back to Samsung Browser

(Topic created: 11-07-2022 11:54 AM)
Lord_President
Constellation
Options
Questions
I keep changing it to Chrome but it somehow always defaults back to Samsung Browser. Anyone else struggling with this? Is there a fix?
6 Replies
USBetaModerator
Beta Moderator
Options
Questions

Hello @Lord_President ,

Thank you for your feedback. If you haven’t already, Please update Samsung members app to latest version from galaxy store and send us an error report immediately after experiencing the issue from the Samsung member’s app -> Beta Feedback -> Error Reports to help us debug the issue. We apologize for the inconvenience and appreciate your contribution to the beta program.

Regards,
One UI Beta Team

0 Likes
userVrjflrpM7K
Constellation
Options
Questions

I am facing this same issue. It seems Samsung is forcing their browser on the users.

userWBhNPPuDc5
Constellation
Options
Questions

Same on my S10 I have tried everything to stop it from doing that but every time I set down my phone it changes samsung internet back to default 

0 Likes
topshelfdistro
Astronaut
Options
Questions

I am also facing that same issue. 

0 Likes
rm10811-ssdevice
Constellation
Options
Questions

My Default browser started switching back to Samsung Browser on my S21 2-3 upgrades past. Not sure which One UI update but within the last month for sure. It just happened again with this mornings update to version 6.0

I use duckduckgo with home screen widget. The widget is removed and DuckDuckGo is no longer an option in default browser until open it once. Then I can set it back as default. I have me home screen locked, I selected Discontinue Use of Samsung Internet (SI) multiple times. This last time I Uninstalled Updates to SO hoping to improve the chance it sticks but expect it won't, may even make it worse. Still, it is something I haven't tried. 

I installed Samsung members app  and will post logs when it happens again.

0 Likes
rm10811-ssdevice
Constellation
Options
Questions

There was no update but my default browser changed again this morning and the One UI Home shows versions 15.0.09.1. My home screen is locked I removed change system settings from One UI, but my home screen and default browser still changed . Any helpe is appreciated. 

I did install the Samsung Member app before this happened as was suggested above. Are there logs I can retrieve that may help identify what happened?

0 Likes