JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Disable "Samsung Free" app

(Topic created: 01-10-2021 07:40 PM)
DAMDMAN
Asteroid
Options
Questions
Does anyone know if there's a way to disable the Samsung Free app? I don't use it nor need it to be using 16% of background battery usage. The battery life on this phone is already atrocious enough. 
21 Replies
DominicNikon
Comet
Options
Questions
android debugging bridge (ADB) is your friend. there's tutorials online about how to uninstall/disable pre installed apps. my phone doesn't have that app so I can't say what uninstalling it will do
usergBs30t4xCu
Constellation
Options
Questions

the fact people even have to go out of their way to find tutorials for their phone is ridiculous. you'd think useless apps would be more of an opt in option rather than forcing a bunch of useless stuff down your throat.

userWyoFeAd1qb
Constellation
Options
Questions

Long press on your home screen like you are going to add widgets. You can then swipe over to the Samsung Free page and toggle it off in the top right corner.

userVOHw290Az4
Asteroid
Options
Questions

I wish I could give you a hundred 'likes', I wish I would have found your answer before I read and tried the hundred answers before I found yours.  Their answers did not work, your answer 'works' perfectly, with first try.  Thank you, a hundred times over.  The Samsung Free App should have an uninstall option.  I used 1GB of data before I received warning of excessive data usage, that on top of battery drain.  It might be a good app, but it is too expensive for me.

userefbItxSZMn
Constellation
Options
Questions

Yes - this should be the highlighgted answer - even on Samsung's official support they mention the toggle but say its on S21 so you think - oh its not on my S20m, but they didn't say how to get there - you did - thanks

0 Likes
Members_3h6sScj
Constellation
Options
Questions

Thank you, that was exactly perfect!

uservSn5lLbdGy
Astronaut
Options
Questions

Thank you

LoveMsRaine