Did you mean: 

Original topic:

Does Opting Out Lock me into the Beta

(Topic created: 11-10-2023 03:20 PM)
Galaxy_Cxnt
Cosmic Ray
Options
Questions
Does Opting Out of the beta lock me into the Beta version and I have to use smart switch to get the official. I see people are reporting this. 
9 Replies
ChaosSaber
Neutron Star
Options
Questions
Why not just wait until OTA, it won't be that long
0 Likes
Galaxy_Cxnt
Cosmic Ray
Options
Questions
Well someone on here said that this happend to them. N I just wanna inform them of the right thing.
0 Likes
ChaosSaber
Neutron Star
Options
Questions
Opting out of beta will leave the beta on your phone, then Smart Switch will roll back to Android 13, then you will have to wait for the OTA, unless Smart Switch lets you get the stable, but its not dropped for Unlocked yet, from what I have read
Options
Questions
Wait a few days and you'll likely receive A14 final.
0 Likes
Moosc
Nebula
Options
Questions
you do nothing? first beta? you'll receive the ota. and you'll know you'll be on official because well you won't see this section anymore..
0 Likes
ChaosSaber
Neutron Star
Options
Questions
Nor that beta popup after each reboot lol
0 Likes
Themeparkpro
Cosmic Ray
Options
Questions
As I saw that my model and carrier were getting the release, I did the withdraw option thinking it might force an update Still no update showed but it didn't force a downgrade either. I loaded up Smart Switch and there was an option to downgrade to which I declined. If an update doesn't happen along with everybody else, I'll grab the firmware package and go the ODIN route.
0 Likes
Ronschuck72
Asteroid
Options
Questions
If you flash with Odin won't you lose everything? It would be a wipe correct?
0 Likes
BHW658
Halo
Options
Questions
The final stable version will automatically replace the beta via OTA.