JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Downgrade to Android 11 and OneUI 3.1

(Topic created: 09-20-2021 12:08 PM)
Praddy
Astronaut
Options
Questions
I have recently opted for Beta program to experience Android 12 and latest Samsung UI. But this upgrade is causing trouble in using GPay and using UserTesting app. While running the app my screen freezes repeatedly. 
I want to downgrade to the previous stable version. So I can continue with my normal functionality
0 Likes
10 Replies
PaulW
Halo
Options
Questions
Opt-out at the same location you enrolled. Then reinstall the released os.
0 Likes
AzureVice
Astronaut
Options
Questions
When you downgrade does it wipe the whole phone and you start over?
0 Likes
TopherLee
Galaxy
Options
Questions
Yes, it will
0 Likes
PaulW
Halo
Options
Questions
This behavior is normal for beta 1.
0 Likes
fjk1
Galaxy
Options
Questions
Like the first day you turned it on
0 Likes
Rosekh
Comet
Options
Questions
You can withdraw the same way you enrolled in this beta.
Being this beta version, Gpay requires certified software/official build version, as said by @userf6y49KlI8n
For your alternative you can use samsung pay
0 Likes
midimench
Comet
Options
Questions
Last years beta disabled GPay too, but as soon as the final version was released, it was back to normal. In the meantime, I switched to Samsung Pay and it works well.
0 Likes
Solution
bluefire
Comet
Options
Questions
11. How do I remove the beta software?

1. To withdraw from the Beta program, you must apply for withdrawal through Samsung Members application on your device.

("Settings > One UI Beta Program status > Withdraw" menu)

2. To remove the beta software, perform a rollback to the previous release version, using the Smart Switch PC Version on your computer. The rollback resets the device and removes data generated during beta testing.

Note: If you backed up your device data to your computer with Smart Switch, you can restore the data after the rollback process. To perform the rollback, connect the device to your computer with a USB cable. On the computer, launch the Smart Switch application, and select "Downgrade".

If you need assistance having your software rolled back to the latest approved version you can call us at 1-800-726-7864 and request the location to the nearest Service Center.

0 Likes
USBetaModerator
Beta Moderator
Options
Questions

Hello,

During beta program, the software is not yet certified by Google, and therefore Google Pay and other secure services may not work. We apologize for the inconvenience and will post a notice once it becomes certified by Google. You may try again at that time. Please consider using Samsung Pay in the mean time.

Regards,
One UI Beta Team

0 Likes