Did you mean:Ā 

Original topic:

Dual sim Sms

(Topic created: 11-10-2021 12:39 PM)
cwombat
Astronaut
Options
Questions
I have an unlocked s21 ultra. Just activated dual sim, esim is TMobile and physical is Verizon. Everything is working alright except for text messaging from Verizon, I'm not receiving anything from the Verizon number.

Any suggestions?
4 Replies
USBetaModerator
Beta Moderator
Options
Questions

Hello,

Please erase the device cache using steps below. If issue persists, Please update Samsung members app to latest version from galaxy store and send us an error report from the Samsung memberā€™s app -> Beta Feedback -> Error Reports to help us debug the issue.

1. Turn off the device.
  2. Press and hold the Volume Up key and the Side key.
  3. When the Android logo displays, release both keys.
  4. An 'Installing system update' message may show briefly before the Android Recovery menu options appear.
  5. Press the Volume down key several times to highlight Wipe cache partition.
  6. Press Side key to select.
  7. Press the Volume down key to highlight Yes, then press the Side key to select.
  8. When the process is complete, Reboot system now is highlighted.
  9. Press the Side key to restart the device.

Regards,
One UI Beta Team

0 Likes
NeonX89
Comet
Options
Questions
That's actually complicated to explain but from my experience in dual Sim mode phones have a primary one that uses data and sets the default sim to the full 4G/5G the other is set to 3G/2G calls and data turned off.

They "the cellphone company" never tell you this but I don't think some people can receive texts because it's a data service that is required and if one is turned off then it can't receive or send messages.

T-mobile being set as the Primary sim
So that being said I'm not a super expert but I'm thinking ok T-mobile is set as your data for it's own service you receive "calls that require signal but not data" "messages that require data"

Since Verizon set to secondary sim will get calls because it just needs the signal "but the messages tend to require data"

I'm not 100% sure but maybe 90% sure what happens if you swap the Primary Sim?

I mean like there's a setting in there to choose the default Primary vs secondary.

I'm not sure if this phone is
"Dual Sim data active" could be a "calls only on the secondary sim" dual sim setup on our S21 Ultras.

Suggestions swap the Primary into a secondary and see if that allows you to send and receive messages. The issue is this is unfortunately not a fix or solution because if I'm right the T-mobile will stop allowing sending and receiving messages.

It's something samsung has to change for "dual data active" Sims so we can use both data plans on each sim at the same time"

And yes I'm aware ones an esim and the other physical but the outcome is the same "Primary and secondary".
0 Likes
PaperStation
Supernova
Options
Questions
SMS should still work even without mobile data, data is only needed to download MMS.
0 Likes
NeonX89
Comet
Options
Questions
From experience of using the feature on 2 different phones, I could say otherwise, but you're right it should but didn't. But I can't speak for cwombat. But you can see articles about what I'm describing "what kinda signals are required for receiving messages in current phones" and duel sim does kick you to a lower network 3G/2G band and does disable the data. But ok I can say maybe it's just the two services requiring that it uses a higher band and or data.
0 Likes