cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Original topic:

Final Build - Who's doing a Factory Reset?

(Topic created on: 12/8/20 11:37 AM)
SyCoREAPER
Galaxy
Options
Questions
Who's doing a factory reset when the final build comes out? Why or why not?

I'm on the fence and want to see what others are doing. 
11 Replies
Rob7904
Cosmic Ray
Options
Questions
I'll be doing a factory reset after I get the final build.

I usually do one with every major OS update to clear out any files no longer needed from the previous operating system.

so after first BETA and after final. I'll do FDRs in-between if I encounter any real issues
KevHar5
Halo
Options
Questions
Yes, I will too. Whenever we get the final. lol
Danhelm
Constellation
Options
Questions
I will definitely do it, that will organize all the changes.
0 Likes
ZipperChef
Comet
Options
Questions
Yes, start fresh.
0 Likes
Options
Questions
I've never factory reset my phone for a major OS update, but reading this, has convinced me to do one. Makes sense to clear away all of the unnecessary files from my phone. Thanks
0 Likes
user3PHscnxDFI
Cosmic Ray
Options
Questions
I don't unless the phone isn't acting correctly. Haven't had to and I've been doing Beta since the S7 or S8. It's been a long time & can't remember which one lol.
I clear the cache after every update during Beta and after receiving final build.
Options
Questions
I haven't gotten the final update but, I did do a factory reset, messed up VIP for my work related apps. Resetting the credentials should be easy but, the left hand doesn't know what the right hand is doing!
0 Likes
Enterx
Astronaut
Options
Questions
Anyone notice any difference? I used to do resets as well but now just use Galaxy App Booster from the Galaxy Labs app and I definitely see the difference in speed.
0 Likes
Brew400
Halo
Options
Questions
I don't do a complete factory reset unless I encounter major issues, but I always use the soft reset after an update. The soft reset won't wipe out everything like the Factory Reset.
0 Likes