Did you mean: 

Original topic:

Galley App... Samsung

(Topic created: 09-23-2022 09:30 PM)
George001
Asteroid
Options
Questions

What did you guys just do to the gallery app... and why?? Now we have favorites andrecents folder that we cannot hide or disable...?? And we cannot even edit the album cover for the folders that we do have!? Plus what happened to all my hidden folders?? What-in-the-actual-F Samsung!? How is dumbing down through over-design ever the best way to go??  

This new design only works for someone who maintains a massive picture and video gallery... but you keep getting rid of SD cards in your devices so who is going to maintain the massive camera roll on their actual devices??

Honestly, you can be a really frustrating company to support sometimes. 
7 Replies
Options
Questions
There's plenty of alternative gallery's you can find. This isn't an iPhone you have a choice
George001
Asteroid
Options
Questions
Yeah yeah I know... but I really liked Samsung's old gallery. It was simple, clean, and (in my opinion) intuitive.

I do have a little egg on my face though... because after that rant, I discovered that they didn't do away with setting your own album cover after all... they just removed one of the ways in which one could do it
johnnyboiii
Comet
Options
Questions
Yeah I am not a fan of the "Favorites" album or any of the albums you can't remove to be honest 😕
blazeBark
Comet
Options
Questions
If you check in the Tips section, the second post down (at the current time of writing this) describes how to hide the new Favorites and Recents albums.
0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable
Options
Questions
I agree. It's absolute 100% trash.
0 Likes
Options
Questions
So you can change the album cover on albums not named "Recent"Screenshot_20220926_100001_Gallery_1000001064_1664200801.jpg
0 Likes
USBetaModerator2
Beta Moderator
Options
Questions

Hello,
Thank you for your feedback. We will pass on your feedback to our usability team for review.
Regards,
One UI Beta Team

0 Likes