Did you mean:Ā 

Original topic:

Google Duo access through phone dialer?

(Topic created: 09-15-2021 03:13 PM)
Claykin
Comet
Options
Questions
On Android 11 in the phone dialer settings I could switch from Samsung's home grown video calling app to Google Duo. I can't find this same setting in Android 12 beta. Anyone know how to change to Duo as default? 
0 Likes
4 Replies
moe
Sun
Options
Questions
Go to contacts > pick who you'd like to vchat with > more > select video call method.
0 Likes
Claykin
Comet
Options
Questions
Thanks for your reply, but to have to go through Samsung contacts is just nuts IMO.. Plus I prefer to use Google contacts.

And when I check in Samsung contacts it says I have specific people set to "ask first" but the phone dialer isn't respecting this setting.

I can't imagine Samsung intends for it to work this way in Android 12.

For the time being I switched to Google Phone for my dialer and that has worked around this issue. Samsung, fix this problem.
0 Likes
USBetaModerator
Beta Moderator
Options
Questions

Hello  @Claykin ,

Thank you for your feedback. If you havenā€™t already, Please send us an error report from the Samsung memberā€™s app -> Beta Feedback -> Error Reports to help us debug the issue. We apologize for the inconvenience and appreciate your contribution to the beta program.

Regards,
One UI Beta Team

0 Likes
mizfitz13
Comet
Options
Questions
thanks for this post, op cos I didn't realize that ~somehow~ my Google contacts were unsynced and I also value those over the stock one.
0 Likes