Did you mean: 

Original topic:

Google Pay or Samsung Wallet?

(Topic created: 11-01-2023 12:31 PM)
Gatoronthelake
Constellation
Options
Questions
Is either better 5han the other? Would it be a problem to have both of them set up to use on my S23 Ultra?
8 Replies
GregCapps
Galaxy
Options
Questions
You can use both on the same device and decide which you prefer. I've used both and tend to prefer Google Wallet, but just try them both. At one time Samsung pay was more widely accepted because it could technically be used places that didn't have tap and pay because it used MST (Magnetic Secure Transmission) but that method has mostly eliminated because of the implementation of chip cards.
bwilliance
Halo
Options
Questions
MST seemed like a cool feature, but most places I've seen have NFC readers now. My old Galaxy Note10 had it, but I was never in a situation where I had to rely on MST. It was definitely a very cool feature, though.
0 Likes
AlienX
Galaxy
Options
Questions
MST was very useful in case of the retailer like Walmart who doesn't allow NFC.
Options
Questions
It was fun when the cashier would tell you 'we don't accept Apple pay" then it tells you payment accepted.
bwilliance
Halo
Options
Questions
I prefer Samsung Wallet. It feels more in line with One UI's design, same with most other Samsung apps. Some Google apps feel a bit out of place, they're designed for Pixel's Android. Samsung Wallet was also easier to set up for me when I first used it. It also has a quick swipe shortcut, which is also convenient.
heyjeremey
Cosmic Ray
Options
Questions
I used to use Samsung Pay (before it was renamed) and they had a lot of points and stuff you could earn and redeem. Since that all went away I switched to Google Wallet since it takes nothing more than unlocking your phone. I find that easier than having to swipe up the Samsung Wallet handle, especially since I don't like it on the home screen.
Options
Questions
I use both, I love to use Samsung pay on the lock screen but in raaaare occasions when Samsung pay won't work I use Google pay and also with some tickets or boarding passes it only gives the option to add it to Google wallet.
Focr06
Comet
Options
Questions
Google pay is much easier to use, plus all new features, always come to Google wallet months in advance.. Like having a driver license, have had mine since February. Also, for some reason, I always had issues at 711 with Samsung Pay, multiple phones, then I tried Google Pay/wallet at one point and I noticed that I never had to keep trying for a whole minute to try to make it work.. Some other places too, not just 711. It shouldn't have to matter.. But it does for some reason. But nothing beats to just pull my phone, put the finger on the screen, wether is on or not, tap, and pay. Faster than try to pull up from the bottom for Samsung pay, when it's an issue if you're using gestures for navigation too (this is why I tried Google pay, because I was sick of the problems with gestures and navigation) but this is the beauty of Samsung. You have options!
0 Likes