Did you mean:Ā 

Original topic:

Green Dot Microphone Alert

(Topic created: 11-03-2021 04:06 PM)
DJDoubleU
Galaxy
Options
Questions
Is there a reason it doesn't show Google Assistant or Bixby using the mic in the background? It only seems to show once the conversation is initiated... seems kinda suspicious...

Thoughts?
0 Likes
5 Replies
PaperStation
Supernova
Options
Questions
I think it would be bad if it show the entire time for an assistant that's set to always listen for keywords.

Having it lit up constantly would make the feature useless you will never know when other apps are accessing the mic. Where as I think it's reasonable and everyone should already be aware that assistant apps are set to listen to keywords to activate.

That's just my thought on it.
user365170tdJ15
Honored Contributor
Options
Questions
Yea, it's displayed when Assistant is in foreground
PaperStation
Supernova
Options
Questions
Yeah that is given but the op wants to know why it's not always lit up since it is listening in background, but having it lit up constantly would break the whole feature of it. since I think it's common knowledge that those apps are set to always listen for the keywords or else it would not work.
user365170tdJ15
Honored Contributor
Options
Questions
Yea, I agree. I would not want the mic dot lit up all the time while Assistant is running in the background !
USBetaModerator
Beta Moderator
Options
Questions

Hello @DJDoubleU ,

Google Assistant or Bixby using the mic in the background is not shown for better user experience based on feedback received during beta program. 

Regards
One UI Beta Team