cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Original topic:

Has anyone been able to downgrade back to one UI 5.1?

(Topic created: 08-20-2023 03:28 AM)
adame143
Astronaut
Options
Questions
I'd really like to do it
6 Replies
mizfitz13
Comet
Options
Questions
use a computer & use smart switch
user0wO7xmIgjB
Asteroid
Options
Questions
Use a computer and smart switch but your phone will be reset to factory and you will lose all on your phone
USBetaModerator2
Beta Moderator
Options
Questions

Hello,

You need to withdraw from the beta from Samsung Members -> Settings -> One UI Beta Program Status -> Withdraw. Then plug the phone into your PC, open up the PC version of smart Switch. Be sure to back up your phone since downgrading requires a factory reset. We recommend you try backing up your device and performing a master before moving back to Android 13

Regards
One UI Beta Team

Members_j4Gq6DW
Asteroid
Options
Questions

Okay, I finally figured out how to get back to 5.1.  After withdrawing from beta in the Samsung Members app, backing up all my data, then trying to "downgrade", it would download the software, my phone's screen would change indicating the software was being downloaded, then just as it started to load, a very small, hard to read message in a tiny red font would show up at the top of the screen saying "auto locker is on, can't download".  I finally realized this is in reference to the options under settings called "Auto Blocker".  It was turned off, but there are sub switches under that module that were grayed out, but enabled by default.  One of them blocks software from being downloaded via USB.  Duh!!  To disable it, you have to first turn the main Auto blocker switch on, then turn off the formerly grayed out switches and then turn the main auto blocker switch off again.  So now they are totally disabled.  Go back into smart switch, press downgrade once again and this time, the 5.1 software will load.  FINALLY!  In the process of restoring the backup, now.  Hope this helps others.

usermdqkzcTvEe
Cosmic Ray
Options
Questions

Thanks for the tip.  Downgrade went smoothy after that.  Finally feels like a new phone again, ironically.

sabrina1974
Constellation
Options
Questions

let me understand...with android 13 it is no longer possible to downgrade to android 12 but it is possible with odin to flash from 5.1.1 to 5.1 did I understand correctly? That would already be good news even if my problem is android 13 which slows everything down so I would like to downgrade to Android 12 without losing the warranty and I don't think I can do it even if I unlock the bootloader and then lock it again

0 Likes