Did you mean:Ā 

Original topic:

How often will we get beta updates?

(Topic created: 09-20-2021 12:01 PM)
Ruki
Asteroid
Options
Questions
I've so far been enjoying the first beta release, but the battery drainage is a big issue for me. Phone barely makes it a full 8 hour work day on minimal use. A full work day with high usage usually leave me around 60%. I'm hopping the next update will fix this but I also can't keep going with this issue and would hate to revert back.
0 Likes
9 Replies
twcobra
Astronaut
Options
Questions
I had some battery issues at first. I had a few mis behaving apps. After updating all my apps and clearing data on as my of the apps not playing well. My battery life is back to normal.
0 Likes
Ruki
Asteroid
Options
Questions
What did you clear? I wiped my catche as a mod mentioned too, and as far as I'm aware all apps are updated between android and galaxy stores.
0 Likes
AzureVice
Astronaut
Options
Questions
I've done the same but no success. My phone used to be at like 50 after a 10 hour day and 8 ours in Im down to 39
I'm having to plug it in during the day which I never had to do before
0 Likes
userEVhRhzar3A
Asteroid
Options
Questions
If it's like what pixels do with android betas then we should expect 2 weeks in between
0 Likes
GroundXero
Cosmic Ray
Options
Questions
Mine seems to drain quickly as well but it does seem to be improving.
0 Likes
twcobra
Astronaut
Options
Questions
In my case Facebook, Google Messages and Gmail where crashing when I tried to open. I went to each one force closed and wiped app data. I also wiped Google services data. After that and install all the updates it settled down. Fortunately I did not have to take the next step and wipe the phone.
0 Likes
bluefire
Comet
Options
Questions
Try also clearing system cache.

Go to Device care, battery and check any missbehaving app. Clear data/cache on such app
0 Likes
USBetaModerator
Beta Moderator
Options
Questions

Hello @Ruki ,

Please erase the device cache using steps below. If issue persists, Please update Samsung members app to latest version from galaxy store and send us an error report from the Samsung memberā€™s app -> Beta Feedback -> Error Reports to help us debug the issue. Next update will more likely be next week.

1. Turn off the device.
  2. Press and hold the Volume Up key and the Side key.
  3. When the Android logo displays, release both keys.
  4. An 'Installing system update' message may show briefly before the Android Recovery menu options appear.
  5. Press the Volume down key several times to highlight Wipe cache partition.
  6. Press Side key to select.
  7. Press the Volume down key to highlight Yes, then press the Side key to select.
  8. When the process is complete, Reboot system now is highlighted.
  9. Press the Side key to restart the device.

Regards,
One UI Beta Team

0 Likes
Ruki
Asteroid
Options
Questions
I've done all this already thanks to a mod and the wipe had fixed my charging issue, but the draining still is a major issue
0 Likes