cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Original topic:

Is anybody else experiencing compatibility issues with your carrier?

(Topic created: 09-25-2023 06:46 AM)
BigJ0110
Asteroid
Options
Questions
So is anyone else having compatibility issues with their carrier?

Apparently, according to my phone carrier T-Mobile customer support on the phone. They had advised me that my phone is not compatible with their network and they see it in their system for my specific phone, phone number, IMEI and account.

Also they've noticed that 5G band was 100% missing as an option on my device and I was on LTE, even though the 5G UC and 5G icons still appeared as my main signals on my phone as they should regularly. So manually, T-Mobile customer support advised me to add a new network manually and gave me all the info like the MMS, MNC, etc to create T-Mobile's 5G network as an option for me to select on the device. 

Now currently it is selected and the signal has vastly improved, but Samsung/Google still needs fix all these issues and not have customers manually add a 5G network. So basically the 5G band is missing from the device software and we have to manually add it on top of the device not being compatible with T-Mobile even though it's a GSM 5G/5G UC T-Mobile branded device that I got from a corporate T-Mobile store. So T-Mobile CC was shocked why the device is acting like this.
4 Replies
Options
Questions
I have never have an issue like that but that is crazy, glad you fixed the issue.
curious to know if anyone else has experienced this even tho is hard to like notice it or know about it
0 Likes
BigJ0110
Asteroid
Options
Questions
It is really not fixed because the next update could do the same thing again and take it away. The problem is that I had to manually do things in order to get it to work, with most people do not know about this or do not know the exact settings you have to do in order to change it. I had to manually create the 5G network with what happened. That's not normal and this shouldn't happen.

Also, all you have to do is just call your carrier and check and they will tell you everything. Plus you can even go into your settings and see that only LTE is there and not another band to select from, so it's quite easy to figure this out if you really wanted to.
0 Likes
userVELGQdhybm
Asteroid
Options
Questions
Whoa! That's awful you had to go through all of that and I'm happy you have a fix (even of it might be temporary). Thank you for sharing this so that others that might have to deal with this nightmare have at least some guidance.
0 Likes
USBetaModerator2
Beta Moderator
Options
Questions

Hello,
Thank you for your feedback.

Please use the latest Samsung Members app to submit an error report (Samusng Members One UI Beta Program Beta Feedback Error Report.

Note: To ensure relevant log information is included in the error report, submit the report within 3 minutes of encountering the bug or error, and do not terminate (swipe away) the Samsung Members application until you are notified that the report has been sent. This can take up to 5 minutes.

- To provide UX or UI-related feedback, such as usability or feature suggestions, select "Beta community Suggestions" in the Beta recruitment notice of Samsung Members app.

We appreciate your contribution to the Beta Program.

Regards,
One UI Beta Team