Did you mean: 

Original topic:

Jumping between cell towers.

(Topic created: 10-25-2021 12:07 PM)
pbaker76
Halo
Options
Questions
Is there a way to keep my phone e from jumping between towers?
When I'm at home my phone jumps between towers causing a issue with the signal. I will be connected to 5G and it will jump to a LTE tower then back to the 5G tower.
I've attached 2 photo of the towers and u fortunately I live close to both towers.

Cover image

0 Likes
7 Replies
pbaker76
Halo
Options
Questions
Towers I jump between. Screenshot_20211024-104527_Network Cell Info Lite_11024.jpgScreenshot_20211024-104608_Network Cell Info Lite_11025.jpg
0 Likes
Options
Questions
Eh, I don't think there is a way. The only thing I can think of is in Mobile Networks settings, network mode lets me choose between 5G/LTE/3G/2G or LTE/3G/2G. I have TMobile so it might be different for you depending on carrier. Anyways choosing the LTE mode would obviously only allow the phone to connect to LTE/4G(&lower speed) bands.
0 Likes
SuperOvni
Supernova
Options
Questions
I think that if you call your carrier they will leave the phone on a single antenna through a process
0 Likes
pbaker76
Halo
Options
Questions
I do have T-Mobile and most times have to switch to LTE as it is only way I can do anything.
Just frustrating that it will bounce from tower to tower and only started when we went to Beta 2.
My wifes phone doesn't have to issue and is not in the beta.
I'll try a factory reset to see if that does anything for me.
0 Likes
JRock1276
Galaxy
Options
Questions
😂😂👎
user751201tmO21
Honored Contributor
Options
Questions
I know this doesn't answer your direct question, but ...

When I'm at home, I turn off Data, and keep WiFi on [only], both for internet and phone calls.

And yea, I realize some folks' 5g is faster than their Wifi (or don't have internet service) 👍
0 Likes
USBetaModerator
Beta Moderator
Options
Questions

Hello @pbaker76 ,

It is not possible to lock your device to specific cell from Samsung side. You carrier may be able to help you with this  as they can program cell to not accept your device. We wouldn't recommend doing this as it may be needed for your device to camp on that 2nd cell for services to work.

Regards
One UI Beta Team

0 Likes