Did you mean: 

Original topic:

Microphone access

(Topic created: 09-21-2022 08:01 AM)
Frank1095
Asteroid
Options
Questions
Is somebody else getting the green dot notification of the microphone being used in the back ground after using whatapp or like snapchat? Even if i close all background apps its still there. I would have to restart my phone for it to go away but it will still keep doing it.

0 Likes
10 Replies
notforhire
Honored Contributor
Options
Questions
I don't use either app, but see if wiping the cache partition and repairing apps from the recovery screen helps.
Frank1095
Asteroid
Options
Questions
I tried all that but seems to keep doing it. I thinks its also messing when playing media throught bluetooth
0 Likes
Moosc
Comet
Options
Questions
Yes it's a new security feature in 13. It's too let you know your microphone is on.
Options
Questions
I think his problem is it won't go away when nothing is (should be) using his mic.
notforhire
Honored Contributor
Options
Questions
yep...that's why I suggested what I did. and that security feature started in 12, not 13.
Options
Questions
What it is, nor it's origins are questioned.
It seems to be malfunctioning for this user. It's not turning off, either because the software is flawed, or something is actually using (maliciously or benign) the microphone.

His/her concern for this is very Valid.
It's like having a check engine light on your car that won't turn off.
notforhire
Honored Contributor
Options
Questions
absolutely a valid concern. it's origin question came from a different poster in this thread, and I included that correction for anyone else that might read it. not as a correction to the original poster. I should have made that point clearer.
0 Likes
Frank1095
Asteroid
Options
Questions
Yes thats my situation right now im sorry if i didnt explain myself correctly.
0 Likes
Frank1095
Asteroid
Options
Questions
Just concerned about if its just a software issue or if something is actually using the microphone.