cancel
Showing results forĀ 
Search instead forĀ 
Did you mean:Ā 

Original topic:

Missing US eSim Support on The Z Fold3 with Android 12 One UI 4 Beta ??

(Topic created: 01-14-2022 03:11 PM)
Members_23u4Q8t
Cosmic Ray
Options
Questions

Wondering if there's any info on US eSim support on the Z Fold3 like they have on the S21 with One UI 4 Beta Android 12 update ?

I just bought an unlocked  Z Fold3 SM-F926U1 after I heard that the One UI 4 Beta update enabled it on the S21 and was totally bummed out after i updated my  ZF3 to find it completely missing ?

eSim is a must have feature for me and I would appreciate a heads up to know what the status is going forward so i can return while i still can. The phone is just sitting here its of no use to me without the feature 

14 Replies
productfred
Galaxy
Options
Questions
I don't mean to sound sarcastic (trust me I'm not) -- It's because it's not a simple button-press for them to enable.

Additionally, if they worked on every single thing that people wanted at once, nothing would be a priority and the Dev team would be overwhelmed with the requests. So they have to prioritize what to complete, and during what cycles.
Members_23u4Q8t
Cosmic Ray
Options
Questions

I hear you with priority and  Dev team  being overwhelmed. But Esim is a normal feature Samsung has  working  pretty much everywhere except the US probably more trouble to create a special version just to disable it here in the US 

useri3Vx0kDYov
Constellation
Options
Questions

after paying USD 2000 the fold 3 and have  one sim and there is a  EID on the box but there is no sim manager to add Esim  only in USA, i used two sim now i have to carry two phone because Fold 3 i when i travel even more diffcult i have old phone wiht esim i have 3 number stored but use 2 ,  i dont know when software upgrade will come with sim manager to add esim 

Zapote21
Cosmic Ray
Options
Questions

I returned my Fold 3 because of this.  Pixels and iPhones have it enabled so I doubt its the carriers.   Absolutely stupid.  But if its enabled in One UI 4.0, I will upgrade to Fold 3 again

Savage12
Cosmic Ray
Options
Questions

This was just enabled on 1/3 of my Note20 Ultra unlocked devices. It took the 4.0 update and now it has esim capabilities.  The beta on the z fold, however, did not have the e sim feature...  I will let you know when the real release drops. 

0 Likes