Did you mean: 

Original topic:

Notes App not working anymore...

(Topic created on: 11/24/20 11:30 AM)
Tec9sForJesus
Galaxy
Options
Questions
So, for me on Beta 3, the Notes App has worked continuously....until today...  Now, unfortunately, whenever I open the Notes App, the app instantly crashes and then disables the fingerprint scanner.

I've tried a reinstallation and a few phone reboots but that hasn't worked at all...

Additionally, after a phone reboot (so that my fingerprint scanner works again), pulling the stylus out on the lock screen INSTANTLY crashes the fingerprint scanner and never opens the Notes app like it used to... 

Crazy how I'm having problem after problem after problem with this phone. At this point, it has more software and hardware issues than every phone that I've had in the past COMBINED. Absolutely ridiculous for the most expensive phone I've ever purchased... 

Side note: please don't think that I'm uneducated in this field. I specialize in this field and work on computer hardware and software repairs. I'm also young enough and have been beta testing EVERYTHING on Android for the past four years. Heck, I've been running Android 11 since LAST November.... 
6 Replies
DeLoreanCowboy
Constellation
Options
Questions
https://youtu.be/7Hhd3sOf0no Here's a video explaining a work around until it's fixed.
0 Likes
Tec9sForJesus
Galaxy
Options
Questions
So after Airplane Mode is enabled, I can get into the app finally... So thank you for that link. But regardless, this issue is STILL breaking the fingerprint scanner completely... Even after a reboot...
0 Likes
USBetaModerator
Beta Moderator
Options
Questions

Hello,

We apologize for the inconvenience. We have received some reports regarding this issue. If you haven’t already, please send us an error report with details so we can better understand the problem for debugging. Please also keep an eye out for any other issues you may encounter. We apologize for the inconvenience and appreciate your contribution to the beta program.

Regards

One UI Beta Team

0 Likes
Tec9sForJesus
Galaxy
Options
Questions
Thank you. I did a quick reset and managed to get my fingerprint scanner to work reliably again =). Seems like Notes is working again now too, lol. I'm a bit confused with what could've been up, but at least it's working now =p
0 Likes
Tec9sForJesus
Galaxy
Options
Questions
Welp, scratch my thank you message to Sammy from two nights ago. Now I'm having the exact same issue - no fingerprint scanner functionality and Notes isn't working again without airplane mode... It's very clearly doing something with the authentication service and with some type of internet sync (even if you have sync disabled like I do).
0 Likes
usernZNQ7svEyh
Asteroid
Options
Questions
Yeah, the exact thing started happening to me. I submitted an error report on so hopefully they will get it fixed.

I'll look at the work around. Thanks for posting that DeLoreaCowboy