Did you mean:Ā 

Original topic:

Portrait mode touch-screen issue

(Topic created: 10-05-2021 02:12 PM)
ShortRound51
Comet
Options
Questions
Anyone having an issue with the top half inch of their screen (under the status bar) not responding to touch input? 
0 Likes
6 Replies
ShortRound51
Comet
Options
Questions
Using input settings (pointer location & show taps) in developer settings, I have verified the touch screen is working... But none of the items (back, flag or 3 dots) work...Screenshot_20211005-141830_Samsung Members_2966.jpg
0 Likes
USBetaModerator
Beta Moderator
Options
Questions

Hello @ShortRound51 ,
Does issue happen only in Samsung Members app or every app ?

Regards

One UI Beta Team

0 Likes
ShortRound51
Comet
Options
Questions
Every app... Including the home screen.
0 Likes
user751201tmO21
Honored Contributor
Options
Questions
Not sure I've ever seen someone post a screenshot of their own post : )

But no, no issue here.

I assume you've applied today's update and have done a full reboot afterwards?
0 Likes
ShortRound51
Comet
Options
Questions
Lol... I can see how that could be odd. Yeah, actually I took a screenshot of the pointer location data showing the touches, but they didn't show up in the screenshot. I left it, since I was referencing the buttons at the top of the screen and it didn't have anything on that wasn't already shared.

And yes, rebooted multiple times, cleared cache, etc... That part of the screen works fine in landscape mode. As well as all the menu buttons in question...
0 Likes
ShortRound51
Comet
Options
Questions
Okay... I found the issue. Problem did not exist in Safe Mode. So that made me think an app was causing the problem. Turned off the permission to 'Appear on Top' to all apps and voila, no more problem... Now to figure out which app is actually causing the problem.
0 Likes