Did you mean:Ā 

Original topic:

Routines and wi-fi scanning

(Topic created: 10-09-2021 10:23 AM)
BettyGetty
Asteroid
Options
Questions
All of my location routines are not working without wifi scanning, is this the new default behavior?

3 Replies
user751201tmO21
Honored Contributor
Options
Questions
Personally, I don't use Bixby, so can't comment, and I've not read other posts about this.

Have you done a search? Maybe others are experiencing the same issue.
0 Likes
USBetaModerator
Beta Moderator
Options
Questions

Hello @BettyGetty ,

Thank you for your feedback. If you havenā€™t already, Please update Samsung members app to latest version from galaxy store and send us an error report immediately after experiencing the issue from the Samsung memberā€™s app -> Beta Feedback -> Error Reports to help us debug the issue. We apologize for the inconvenience and appreciate your contribution to the beta program.

Location is supposed to use Wi-Fi to accurate your location but routine should still work with GPS turned on even if Wi-Fi scanning is turned off.

Regards,
One UI Beta Team

0 Likes
BettyGetty
Asteroid
Options
Questions
I apologize for not following up sooner. Thank you for your responses. I was mistaken; this routine has been working. I saw the red exclamation in a circle and thought it wouldn't work. I don't like this addition. I was prepared to move to another app because the icon led me to believe the routine was broken. That icon is also on the routines app and that is what really made me believe it was broken. I think this could be handled better, I don't mind that it's reminding me to turn the scanning on, but the icon made me think I couldn't use that trigger anymore.Screenshot_20211016-133904_Bixby Routines_700.png
0 Likes