Did you mean:Ā 

Original topic:

Samsung Messages

(Topic created: 10-14-2021 08:30 AM)
TopherLee
Galaxy
Options
Questions
Is there a setting I'm missing that I haven't been able to find just yet for links opening in their respective apps when another Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra user send them to me, or am I just blind? 

As of late I've noticed that any links that get sent, don't default to their respective apps (ie, TikTok video links, Facebook marketplace links, etc), but rather open in Samsung Internet app instead of their apps, forcing me to login there, or give me Ā¾ of a screen wanting me to login to "get the best experience"... 

I've tried all the settings I could think of for opening links, but I'm either blind, or just going crazy... Maybe both... LOL.. 
0 Likes
6 Replies
userllw0XnDdDv
Asteroid
Options
Questions
I have found this issue with Instagram links. For some reason the app needs to be running. So the pain in the **bleep** workaround is start the app then tap the link from messages
TopherLee
Galaxy
Options
Questions
I'll give that a shot to see if that helps... I've noticed on Facebook and tik tok links, but that's because that's mainly what I get sent to me....
0 Likes
TopherLee
Galaxy
Options
Questions
Okay, so upon checking with the apps open already, links like your IG will open in their respective apps; however, once the apps are closed, the links then revert back to the browser version instead... That is interesting and apparently something that needs to be fixed through Samsung and no setting on our end.

Thanks for that lead...
0 Likes
user751201tmO21
Honored Contributor
Options
Questions
I'll assume you've checked:
"Default apps"
0 Likes
TopherLee
Galaxy
Options
Questions
Yes, I've checked every setting that I can think to check... Including "default apps"
0 Likes
USBetaModerator
Beta Moderator
Options
Questions

Hello, @TopherLee 

Thank you for your feedback. Does this occur when a non-S21 Ultra user sends the link? Have you ever been prompted with a preference for which app to open the link on?

Regards

One UI Beta Team

0 Likes